Sat Nav zone display

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Sloss69

Post by Sloss69 »

Sat Nav, instead of showing 70 mph in a ring, decided to say 40 mph with zone written underneath and a very quiet continuous boing, boing from the dash.

I wasn’t in any roadworks or otherwise restricted area. I fiddled about, cancelled route giudance, shut off screen etc., etc. But no success.

Eventually, miles later, it decided to sort itself. Weird, is it only me?

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Sloss69 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:11 pm Weird, is it only me?
I don’t think any navigation provider has come up yet with an infallible product. There are times when, much as I like the integrated nav programme, I choose to select a different option from my phone. I have experimented with quite a few but currently I have Google Maps, Waze, and Apple Maps all on my iPhone home page. I don’t find a lot of difference between those three and as the voice control is so good now in the Tucson, I prefer to use, “Navigate to......wherever” which works a treat and just place my phone on the wireless charger.

If I want music from my phone or WhatsApp, etc, then I would input my destination first and start the programme before plugging-in my phone. If I don’t do it that way, then the voice command wakes up ’Siri’ and up pops Apple Maps which is no big deal except that I can’t see the visual, step-by-step instructions in the centre of the instrument binnacle.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Murray magpie

Post by Murray magpie »

Had a similar experience with my brand new Tucson recently in Australia. The sat-nav mistakenly read 50kph speed limit in a 110kph zone. The boing boing warning continued for an irritating 20-30kms until it corrected itself by reading a speed limit sign correctly. The warning chimes also have come on at other times when the cause is not obvious.

Subsequently turned off the speed limit assistance to none. Also had the car serviced since then, including updated navigation software and maps. The technician said he is confident that this would fix any such problems.
Sloss69

Post by Sloss69 »

That’s about what I had. I think just an aberration, getting a tad confused and took a while to fix itself having passed numerous speed signs.

I’ve tried CarPlay but don’t really like it so far, should I persevere, I don’t know. Too old for change, oh! Wait a minute SatNav is fairly new anyway……😂
Murray magpie

Post by Murray magpie »

Have not yet played with the Apple Car Play, but intend to do so before I really need it. In my mind the Google maps would be more up to date and dynamic with updated traffic information, probably better than the inbuilt Hyundai version. There is no hurry because for most of my driving I do not need the maps because I know where I am going.
Sloss69

Post by Sloss69 »

I’m sure they buy in the SatNav system.

I find the Hyundai version lags a bit, f’r’instance, it’s a second or two late telling you to leave the roundabout. I shout at her but that makes no difference!