6 "bongs" whilst driving (no warning light)

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
deh

Post by deh »

Hello,

I've had a Tucson Premium automatic for 3 weeks now (it's a UK 71 plate, registered January 2022). I've done about 200 miles in it (and I'm enjoying it).

On a 2 mile drive today whilst driving I had 3 instances of the loud bonging noise. It was 6 short bursts, similar to those when starting up the car (rather than higher pitched alert sounds). No warning lights were on and engine temperature just under 90. It happened on 3 occasions.

I am going through the online user guide but it's a hard thing to look up! Anyone have any thoughts on where I should look?

Thanks.
Dan.
2022 Tucson Premium 2WD Petrol Auto

daibill

Post by daibill »

Could be that you were going over the speed limit?
Something on a seat that triggered the seat belt warning?

These cars make a load of noises and will take some time getting used to..
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
deh

Post by deh »

daibill wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:49 pm Could be that you were going over the speed limit?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I confess I could have been over the limit. It was a 20mph zone and that is tricky to keep to sometimes although I've done that journey many times and not had those bongs. I wonder if there is a threshold, like being over 1 or 2mph for a few seconds doesn't trigger a bong, but faster or more time does? (I will pay a lot of attention to that on the way home!)

Good idea, I'll check the back seats and belts as I had my first rear passengers at the weekend (not in the car during the bongs). I'll post back.

Thanks,
Dan.
Berty

Post by Berty »

I also thought about the back seat and seat belts. I know when passengers sometimes lean on the middle seat but not sitting in it sets it off but I will say I get a lot more than 6 beeps. If you hear it again, and if safe to do so, look up at the warning lights for the rear seat belts.

There is also a speed warning alert, I have mine turned to silent so it only shows the speed limit go RED as I've gone over it.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
XADE

Post by XADE »

deh wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 2:15 pm
daibill wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:49 pm Could be that you were going over the speed limit?
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I confess I could have been over the limit. It was a 20mph zone and that is tricky to keep to sometimes although I've done that journey many times and not had those bongs. I wonder if there is a threshold, like being over 1 or 2mph for a few seconds doesn't trigger a bong, but faster or more time does? (I will pay a lot of attention to that on the way home!)

Good idea, I'll check the back seats and belts as I had my first rear passengers at the weekend (not in the car during the bongs). I'll post back.

Thanks,
Dan.
This had me too, 2nd week of ownership on holiday and thought I'd broke the car..

Was indeed the speed limit and speed camera warnings. I'm sure there's a threshold too id set to something like -3mph too.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
deh

Post by deh »

Hi,

Just an update in case anyone else is wondering. I have now repeated that journey home, and back this morning without any repeat of bonging warnings.

I did have a heavier back on the back seat that morning, so I am suspecting the seatbelt warning (I didn't look up, I was concentrating on the dashboard!)

I'll post another update if I know more.

Thanks for everyone's input. This forum is a great resource!

Dan.
daibill

Post by daibill »

My work rucksack site on the floor for that reason as well... ( as well as the odd shopping bag )
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
swanseadavid

Post by swanseadavid »

It could also be the speed camera warning alert.
dylan2910

Post by dylan2910 »

If lights are in the off position it maybe a warning that the lights are off if the sensor detects low light levels, if this is the case there will be a message in the bottom of the instrument panel saying "headlights are off"
digger

Post by digger »

hi all,,,
I used to get Bongs from Coasting alerts linked to the sat nav especially approaching hills ,, mine a Hybrid,, just turned all coasting with alerts off.. and this was not using the sat nav ...

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post