Emovis Toll Tag

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Has anyone fitted a toll tag on a tuscon? I have a 2020 N Line mild hybrid which has only a narrow shaded band around the plastic rear view mirror fixings. I am thinking it will be ok outside of the shaded area as it doesn't seem there is room behind the mirror?

terryp

Post by terryp »

I had the same problem as I was preparing my car to drive to Spain and Portugal. Hyundai dealer and National Windscreens didn't have the answer so eventually I contacted Hyundai technical and got this reply.
"I can confirm none of our Hyundai vehicles have either athermic or heated glass, so the exact mounting point for the toll tag is not critical. As long as the tag is fitted in line with the rear view mirror, either to the right or left of the camera/rain sensor unit and out of the tinted top section of the glass, then this will cause no problems with the tag's usage."
I hope this helps.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
old man

Post by old man »

terryp wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:19 pm I had the same problem as I was preparing my car to drive to Spain and Portugal. Hyundai dealer and National Windscreens didn't have the answer so eventually I contacted Hyundai technical and got this reply.
"I can confirm none of our Hyundai vehicles have either athermic or heated glass, so the exact mounting point for the toll tag is not critical. As long as the tag is fitted in line with the rear view mirror, either to the right or left of the camera/rain sensor unit and out of the tinted top section of the glass, then this will cause no problems with the tag's usage."
I hope this helps.
Now that's a useful bit of info, thanks for posting.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
TWPC

Post by TWPC »

terryp wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:19 pm I had the same problem as I was preparing my car to drive to Spain and Portugal. Hyundai dealer and National Windscreens didn't have the answer so eventually I contacted Hyundai technical and got this reply.
I hope this helps.
Thank you very much, terryp, that is really helpful.

We are about to go to France and I was worried when I saw the small size of the 'mottled area' on the windscreen of the Tucson behind the rear view mirror when trying to fit the clip for the Liber-t tag.

Have any of you used the tag attached to the windscreen in the new Tucson on French autoroutes? If so are there any issues to be aware of?
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
Amazon Grey
Berty

Post by Berty »

Just place the tag in the black dot area. I have mine there and have so in different cars for years. In fact, the operator in Ireland(also a French company) specifically state it should be placed there(in a car), different locations for large vans and trucks. When I was driving in France in June the tag beeped on Autoroutes but never opened because I didn't activate it for France, it also beeped at some car parks but again I just took a ticket. I travelled from Ireland to the UK in September and beeped in certain car parks that have toll tag readers to deduct from the balance.

So position for me is tucked behind black dots on drivers side of rear view mirror.

They specifically state the following on their website:(take with a pinch of salt as cars change)

"On most windscreens there is an area of black dots under the rear view mirror. This is the only area that there is no metal. Your tag should be installed on this black dot area. Alternatively, you should check your car manual to ensure your tag is in the optimal position."
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV