Thoughts on model

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
ashm

Post by ashm »

I totally agree with others here, it's down to personal preference. But personally, I liked the look of the N lines more but went for the ultimate purely because of spec (it was equivalent'ish of my 2019 Top of the range Premium SE Tuscon).
I did order the ultimate with optional sporty side steps (which I had on my previous Tuscon), however, to give it the sporty edge.
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022

Ram man

Post by Ram man »

Ashm do you have a part number for the side steps? Would like to have a look at them
Cheers
ashm

Post by ashm »

Ram man wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:56 pm Ashm do you have a part number for the side steps? Would like to have a look at them
Cheers
I don't have a part number. All I have is this picture that the dealer sent me when I confirmed it on my order...

download/file.php?mode=view&id=195

Screenshot 2022-02-03 at 18.06.25.png

Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I was tempted to go for the N Line S over the Ultimate until I saw the style of the alloys - obviously down to personal preference but I didn’t like them at all. I preferred the seats and body coloured wheel arches and the other sporty design touches but couldn’t live with those alloys.
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Buried in all the really useful stuff in this thread is Big S's point that the wheels aren't getting as dirty with brake dust. I presume this is a Hybrid factor? Are those of you with hybrids finding that the regen helps keep the wheels cleaner? I'm hoping so for when mine arrives as I really hate cleaning wheels! :)
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

ExTyke wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 3:10 pm Buried in all the really useful stuff in this thread is Big S's point that the wheels aren't getting as dirty with brake dust. I presume this is a Hybrid factor? Are those of you with hybrids finding that the regen helps keep the wheels cleaner? I'm hoping so for when mine arrives as I really hate cleaning wheels! :)
My N Line S wheels, which I do really like (subjective of course), as you say are not getting dirty at all. It was my big worry that they would need lots of cleaning but so far they have been really good. From new the black painted areas had a very non tick surface so dust etc was not sticking to them. I have also ceramic coated them and they are staying very clean by themselves. Happy days.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

They do appear visually cleaner than my previous cars, but whether that is wheel design, the airflow via the front bumper side vents, hybrid driving style! or something else I couldn't say.
Philr

Post by Philr »

I've noticed that the rear wheels seem more affected with brake pad dust than the fronts. Very different to any other car I've owned as it's usually the other way round.
I wonder if the regen gizmo stuff is only on the front axle or it doesn't apply the front brakes as much as the rears?
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Thanks for the answers everyone. So hopefully with a light right foot I'll be able to avoid changing brake pads and cleaning the wheels too often? Just need the car now.....
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post