Thoughts on model

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
focusy

Post by focusy »

Hi all hoping you can help

I d like to see what people thoughts are on the nline s vs the ultimate, I know the ultimate has a few more tech and features but the n line looks sportier, If cost was the same which would you choose and why?

Also is the tech pack worth the extra?

Thanks in advance

Big S

Post by Big S »

Hi
My thoughts are if cost was the same I would stick with the Ultimate. Yes I agree with you the N Line S looks sportier if that's what you are into. The Ultimate gets a few extra toys which I find useful i.e electric memory seats, if it is going to be driven by more than one person. When the shorter legged person uses it, the seat auto reverses fully back when the ignition is turned off to give more room to exit the car. Ultimate gets RCCA rear cross traffic alert system which tells you if someone or a car is behind you when are reversing . Yes I appreciate you should be looking behind when reversing but on several occasions people have walked across the rear of me in car parks, either because they are not paying attention or they don't hear an engine running because its in electric mode.
Another feature on the Ultimate is ventilated front seats, which this summer I found great, leather can make it a tad hot around the rear area on a long journey!!! I expect to use this a lot when I drive in Spain this year.
Other differences are down to personnel taste i.e. Red stitching, body coloured wheel arches, rear bright silver skid plate, suede seat facings instead of full leather, some black exterior trim, and bigger rear spoiler with fins!!!!
Wheel wise the N Line ones are a lot more intricate to clean if you are an ardent detailer, having said that my car doesn't seem to suffer with the nasty brake dust that my previous cars have chucked out.!!
I believe, someone may correct me, the N line versions have firmer suspension so this may be something to consider also.
As to the Tech pack that is down to choice and mainly if you think you will use all the items included to justify £1,250.00.
I have to say the N line was not out when I bought my 21 plate Ultimate ( which I chose because I wanted Pan Roof ) and I didn't want the Tech pack.
The above is just my personnel view of the 2 cars, others will probably say different and choose an N line model.
focusy

Post by focusy »

Thank you big s for taking the time to offer your opinion on this appreciate it, I’m doubt-founded to see 58 views and only one person to comment, looks like the forum not very active, with people typing

Big s. You make some valid points and I will be reviewing with the misses, but again big shout out for supporting

Thanks
Scotsman

Post by Scotsman »

I don’t think people are not posting, I think it is because we are all waiting for our cars to arrive ! I am sure comments will pick up then
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

focusy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:37 pm Hi all hoping you can help

I d like to see what people thoughts are on the nline s vs the ultimate, I know the ultimate has a few more tech and features but the n line looks sportier, If cost was the same which would you choose and why?

Thanks in advance
Hi, we’ve gone for the n line s as it has all the features…and more…that we were looking for. The only thing we would have liked that the Ulitmate has is the electric passenger seat….but we can live without that. Love the n line sporty looks. Just got to wait for it to arrive now :roll:
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

Scotsman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:42 pm I don’t think people are not posting, I think it is because we are all waiting for our cars to arrive ! I am sure comments will pick up then
For sure 8-)
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

focusy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:37 pm Hi all hoping you can help

Thanks in advance
Do you like leather seats? I'd say a fair few people go for the ultimate for the full leather seats but I'm not a fan of leather seats. Personally chose the n line due to the sportier look and I like that the chrome on the back window isn't chrome on the n line. I also like the n line has body coloured wheel arches. I think the black arches with some colours looks rubbish. The tech pack is meant to add months into the order so that may help you decide with that aspect.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22
misterbuzby

Post by misterbuzby »

focusy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:45 pm Thank you big s for taking the time to offer your opinion on this appreciate it, I’m doubt-founded to see 58 views and only one person to comment, looks like the forum not very active, with people typing

Big s. You make some valid points and I will be reviewing with the misses, but again big shout out for supporting

Thanks
I bought an ultimate because i did not like the look of the n-line at all.
reading the [few] posts on here, it is clearly a marmite thing.

* both cars will be brilliant so choose the one that YOU like the look of most. *

I personally thought that to add wheel arches to the n-line and then paint them the exact same colour as the car, looked naff. The main reason that I didn't buy an n-line.
If you're going to add a wheel arch and then paint it the exact same colour as the rest of the body, then why even bother adding it. I think the n-line would have looked infinitely better without any added on wheel arch at all and with just a smooth, sleek [sporty] body.

clearly divides opinions lol :-) :-) :-)

* both cars will be brilliant so choose the one that YOU like the look of most. *

As for the tech pack, not really worth the extra money. and definitely not worth the further extra months of waiting.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

I looked at premium demo and N line at a dealer but they didn't have an ultimate to show me and N line S was not out, went to another dealer who had ultimate demo and an N line S show room only model, took the ultimate out for a test drive and after a few miles let the lead slip into my right shoe and it put a smile on my face thought I like this, on returning to the dealer I was informed they had a brand new ultimate with Tec pack delivered the day before still with all its import stickers etc on it so had a look and did the deal there and then and I still like what I brought.
leicesterrule

Post by leicesterrule »

We opted for Premium over N Line. Although I like the slightly sportier looking N Line, it didn’t warrant the extra cash compared to the premium, in my opinion. It all depends on your own views though. I also thought the extra cash for the plug in compared to full hybrid was a bit steep, especially as it had a smaller boot!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post