Thoughts on model

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

misterbuzby wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:37 am
focusy wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:45 pm As for the tech pack, not really worth the extra money. and definitely not worth the further extra months of waiting.
Are you saying this for your own wants, or that you don't think anyone should go for the tech pack.

Would be interesting to know which bits you don't think are work having.

Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Ordered ultimate 230bhp hybrid with tech pack,would have gone for plug in version but not prepared to pay £500 plus for road tax. Seems like people are getting penalised for trying to go green.
I suppose model chosen and options boils down to price,I managed a discount of £6500 from alleged full mrp, so felt comfortable paying the extra for the tech pack.
Tejstar

Post by Tejstar »

Itchycat1 wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:07 pm Ordered ultimate 230bhp hybrid with tech pack,would have gone for plug in version but not prepared to pay £500 plus for road tax. Seems like people are getting penalised for trying to go green.
I suppose model chosen and options boils down to price,I managed a discount of £6500 from alleged full mrp, so felt comfortable paying the extra for the tech pack.
That's a good deal. I have the same model and had a discount of £5900 and thought I was getting a good deal. Should have pushed the dealer harder! :D
misterbuzby

Post by misterbuzby »

As for the tech pack, not really worth the extra money. and definitely not worth the further extra months of waiting.
Are you saying this for your own wants, or that you don't think anyone should go for the tech pack.
Would be interesting to know which bits you don't think are work having.
Clearly it is for my own wants. Most are opinions on here.

I just didn't see it being worth £1200+ to be able to remotely move my car. I have never wanted that feature. Nice toy to show off with ... but how often would it really be genuinely useful?

As for the blind spot camera thingy, I can see the uses of that for some people. Again, a nice bit of geekology [toy].
But, until multiple lockdowns made it unviable, I was a driving instructor. MSPSL is the mantra. Mirror first, then Signal [if it is safe to do so!]. Or, better still, Mirror [look over shoulder], Signal.
But the Tucson blind spot camera thingy teaches the driver to Signal first (without even looking to check if it safe to do so?). Because they can then rely on a camera ... 'after' signalling.
So, I couldn't really buy into that feature as it is encouraging incorrect [unsafe?] driving technique.

Again all imho.
:-) :-) :-)
old man

Post by old man »

Whilst I would have liked the electric memory seat that comes with the Ultimate, I chose an N Line because it doesn't come with black plastic cladding on the wheel arches and sills that all other models have.
I had a 2015 Santa Fe with similar cladding and it was a sod to keep it looking pristine. Even after pressure washing the plastic needed scrubbing to get residual mud etc off and I was always using aftermarket products to keep it looking good.
I think the plastic used by Hyundai must be porous because the plastic cladding on a Kodiaq that followed it was much easier to clean.
I thought that maybe Hyundai would have upped their game in this respect, but a couple of used models on my dealers forecourt showed that they haven't.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

It's definitely a personal preference thing. I'm with old man here and I dislike black plastic wheel arches/sills/bumpers etc. Always have issues when cleaning not to get the body polish on them etc. (Although that may be my bad cleaning skills😛). This is why I chose N Line S as prefer the body coloured plastic parts for cleaning and visual aesthetics along with the sporty look. There no right or wrong though. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

I’ve just ordered the n line S, like other I couldn’t buy a car with Matt plastic wheel arches! My Transit has those :|
Apparently delivery should be this March. How did you guys get such big discounts as no dealers seem to have any cars especially Nline S hybrid! I only got £2250 off buy taking there financing. Was I stitched up?
Cheers Rich
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

Ram man wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:14 pm I’ve just ordered the n line S, like other I couldn’t buy a car with Matt plastic wheel arches! My Transit has those :|
Apparently delivery should be this March. How did you guys get such big discounts as no dealers seem to have any cars especially Nline S hybrid! I only got £2250 off buy taking there financing. Was I stitched up?
Cheers Rich
You've ordered today and delivery in 4 weeks? My car on order since 25th aug and not even built yet. Was your car already on order? The n line range is currently 6 month lead time. Use car wow, autoebid sites like that to get further discount.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Wow. Delivery in 4 weeks. I hope your right otherwise it's a big queue & wait like the rest of us. As Quinn010 says it's 4-6 months for n line range at present???? Fingers crossed though. Had the same issues with all the dealer's I visited. 2/3k discount was best. Used online dealer & got nearly 7k off list. Which for me was worth the possible extra wait time.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Ram man

Post by Ram man »

Apparently it was a finance refusal so was already ordered!
It’s in Phantom black my second choice would have like Dark night colour but I do like it in black too!
Its to replace our Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit which was a beautiful car but my wife had a tiny bump, didn’t even break a head light and they wrote it off to our absolute shock!!! Her stipulation was she couldn’t do without a heated steering wheel lol. So we are trying Hyundai for the first time. What sold it for me is it has a proper autobox unlike Rav 4 and Volvo xc40 and I love the interior! Doesn’t have what looks like a laptop stuck up on the dash!
I’ve been promised March so we will see, fingers crossed. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post