Finally, Collect my new Tucscon today !!

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
poldark

Post by poldark »

Hyundai Tucson 1.6 TGDI Ultimate Hybrid in Sunset Red. Ordered on the 11-APR-22 and collecting it today 01-JUL-22. My first Hyundai (previously a kuga owner)

IMG-20220701-WA0001.jpg

Last edited by poldark on Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate in Red. 2023 Honda Forza 750cc in Blue.

focusy

Post by focusy »

pic?
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Have a good day, hope you like it!
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

Did you get it ok? You’re probably sat reading the manual I guess?!!
poldark

Post by poldark »

Is there supposed to be a separate paper infotainment manual or do you have to download that one? Not impressed with Tom Tom maps, navigation couldn't find my daughter's house, yet android audio finds it immediately. Although it's a new car I wonder if the Tom Tom maps are up to date? Disappointed that android auto is not full screen. Love the blind spot warning but switch off lane assist every time
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate in Red. 2023 Honda Forza 750cc in Blue.
old man

Post by old man »

There's only one paper manual.
Whilst I didn't realise the mapping was from Tom Tom, my sat nav behaved faultlessly during a recent holiday in France. Sat navs will never be completely up to date as it takes a while for any changes to come down the chain from the map compiling company to our cars. A good dealer should ensure that your car has the latest firmware during the PDI - mine did, but many don't.
Are you using the sat nav correctly, as the way to input an address varies from maker to maker. I entered all the known addresses I'd be visiting before I left for France and it found them all no problem, Have a look at the comment in this thread; viewtopic.php?f=8&t=427

I don't use Android Auto, but a new update was issued a couple of days ago that might have addressed the full screen thingy. I might have misread that though, so don't take it as read and someone else will know better than me on that subject.
I find the blind spot warning ineffective in daylight, the system on my previous Skoda was far superior.
I and many others are with you on the Lane Assist - pain in the rear and gets turned off every trip and conversely, I turn on the auto hold every trip. It all soon becomes the norm and at least both of those functions are easy to turn on/off.
Hope you enjoy the new car, it's a pretty good piece of kit.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I have two paper manuals with mine. One is the full manual, the second is a navigation ‘simple manual’, although it’s nearly as thick as the full manual as it contains tons of languages.
AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

poldark wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:02 am Is there supposed to be a separate paper infotainment manual or do you have to download that one? Not impressed with Tom Tom maps, navigation couldn't find my daughter's house, yet android audio finds it immediately. Although it's a new car I wonder if the Tom Tom maps are up to date? Disappointed that android auto is not full screen. Love the blind spot warning but switch off lane assist every time
The 2/3 screen Android Auto 'issue' isn't a bug or mistake, Hyundai and Google just haven't worked on it from either side. The next gen of AA is called Coolwalk and it will be full screen and more customisable. Hopefully coming this year.
https://www.notebookcheck.net/Google-I- ... 937.0.html

Worth mentioning that if your AA is laggy and slow then make sure you get AA version 7.7 and it sorts the issue.
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post