Hello, hello!

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
terryp

Post by terryp »

Just for your information which you may find useful.
I took my car in to my local dealer on 29th July where they ran it through their diagnostics and carried out a hard reset.
Since then the car has reset as before on two occasions. that is
the central cluster which I usually have as "since refuelling" resets to the car image and when I dial up "since refuelling" it has reset to zero
the AC unit has gone off and when turned back on, shows 22C.
In hindsight, I think the infotainment screen stayed on but as I was busy cursing, I'll need to check that the next time this happens. (Not long to wait, then)
I sent an email to Hyundai Customer "service" on Monday with details of the fault and confirming that I was not the only one with this problem. As yet, I have not received a reply.
OM, it might be worth relaying my experience when you take in your car. The Hard Reset doesn't cure the problem.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

old man

Post by old man »

terryp wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:06 pm Just for your information which you may find useful.
I took my car in to my local dealer on 29th July where they ran it through their diagnostics and carried out a hard reset.
Since then the car has reset as before on two occasions. that is
the central cluster which I usually have as "since refuelling" resets to the car image and when I dial up "since refuelling" it has reset to zero
the AC unit has gone off and when turned back on, shows 22C.
In hindsight, I think the infotainment screen stayed on but as I was busy cursing, I'll need to check that the next time this happens. (Not long to wait, then)
I sent an email to Hyundai Customer "service" on Monday with details of the fault and confirming that I was not the only one with this problem. As yet, I have not received a reply.
OM, it might be worth relaying my experience when you take in your car. The Hard Reset doesn't cure the problem.
Thanks Terry, I have thought about relaying you results, but I rather think the the garage will do the tests they're programmed to do regardless. If I can get to speak to the head tech though, I will endeavour to pass on what we've learned here, but my experience is that dealers get exasperated with customers talking about forums.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 758

Post by Deleted User 758 »

old man wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:54 am I will tell you what I know - it's for you to pick the bones out of.
Thanks, some useful insights there especially as you have had a Skoda.

Thanks also to everyone else, sorry for the delay, I'm just getting set up here and didn't have reply alerts on!

I might continue a couple of questions/answers in a new thread rather than in an introduction where other folk may not tread.