Hello, hello!

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I'm getting a better mpg that I did with my BMW X3 diesel. So, for me, it's worth it.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

daibill

Post by daibill »

As an owner of a non Electric Premium Tucson, I get 42-46 on a run and 34 around town. Go above 70 and mpg drops appreciably but that appears to be across the board.
Give it the beans in sport mode and it is no slouch at all.
For my mileage, anything electric would not return my investment over 3 years and I don't suffer any battery issues that the hybrid's seem to be suffering from.
There is a GPF filter that can get clogged up but in 3 months and 2.5kmiles I have not seen that but it does regularly see 5k revs and my 2 day commute to the office sees dual carriageway runs of 15mins each way.

Whichever one you get, you won't be disappointed.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
old man

Post by old man »

battery issues that the hybrid's seem to be suffering from.
What battery issues ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

old man wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:01 am
What battery issues ?
I think he means the occasional reset of the AC that some hybrids suffer from
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:29 am
What battery issues ?
I guessed that's what he meant, but I also wondered if there's battery issues I hadn't read about.
Blaming the battery for the air con etc issues is misinformation. That is so far, pure speculation on this forum and as yet, nothing has been proven in relation to the battery. It could just as easily be a software problem - which again is speculation on my part.
XADE

Post by XADE »

daibill wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:05 am As an owner of a non Electric Premium Tucson, I get 42-46 on a run and 34 around town. Go above 70 and mpg drops appreciably but that appears to be across the board.

For my mileage, anything electric would not return my investment over 3 years and I don't suffer any battery issues that the hybrid's seem to be suffering from.
There is a GPF filter that can get clogged up but in 3 months and 2.5kmiles I have not seen that but it does regularly see 5k revs and my 2 day commute to the office sees dual carriageway runs of 15mins each way.

Whichever one you get, you won't be disappointed.
You sound like my exact usage, and non-hybrid also. If you want to avoid the long wait times, going for a non-hybrid seems to be the way.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Big S

Post by Big S »

What battery issues ?
I think he may have been getting it mixed up with when old man came home from his 400 mile round trip and a couple of days later reporting on
here that he had a LOW BATTERY warning come up on his dash screen when entering the car.
old man

Post by old man »

Big S wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:17 pm

What battery issues ?
I think he may have been getting it mixed up with when old man came home from his 400 mile round trip and a couple of days later reporting on
here that he had a LOW BATTERY warning come up on his dash screen when entering the car.
That's a possibility I guess, but what I experienced isn't necessarily a problem. I used to get a similar message pop up on a 2018 Skoda Kodiaq (which was a standard car with no electrification) if I'd been using the infotainment system whilst not running the engine. I think it's more that the BMS goes into self protection mode early so we don't run the battery so low that the car won't start.
I just wondered why it came on so soon after a long run that I assumed would have charged the battery right up, and maybe it did and perhaps the 12V battery just doesn't have enough capacity.
We don't know enough about how these new systems work unfortunately.
Big S

Post by Big S »

old man wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:57 pm
Big S wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:17 pm

That's a possibility I guess, but what I experienced isn't necessarily a problem. I used to get a similar message pop up on a 2018 Skoda Kodiaq (which was a standard car with no electrification) if I'd been using the infotainment system whilst not running the engine. I think it's more that the BMS goes into self protection mode early so we don't run the battery so low that the car won't start.
I just wondered why it came on so soon after a long run that I assumed would have charged the battery right up, and maybe it did and perhaps the 12V battery just doesn't have enough capacity.
We don't know enough about how these new systems work unfortunately.
Yes I agree with what you have said, but members who are new or who only post rarely haven't gone back though all the pages about a particular subject and only read the latest post and interpret it maybe wrongly. The 7+ people who are experiencing the infotainment issues on here post everyday or nearly everyday so they are fully up on that subject,.
Anyway good luck getting more info from your dealer on this problem on the 15th this month which I think I read on one of your previous posts.
I for one am following this topic with great interest!!!!!
old man

Post by old man »

Yes, all good points Big S and thanks for the good luck.
I'm not hopeful and I'm being pessimistic about getting a positive result next Monday. I could be wrong, but I think they'll plug in their diagnostic equipment and look for fault codes and I'm not convinced that what we're seeing is an actual fault (although we think it is) and it may be down to poor software programming.
I have my fingers crossed and I'm going to have a G & T or two now to erase it from my brain for a few hours. :D :D