Alarm sensitivity

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
DrMaturin

Post by DrMaturin »

Picked my Tucson 230 Hybrid up yesterday. Ok so far, too soon to say after just 75 miles. But a curious thing just happened, parked and locked up on the drive, car next to it pulls away and the alarm went off. Definitely no contact, windows, door and roof shut tight. So too sensitive or possibly faulty? Strange as parked outside my daughters earlier and the green recycling bin waggon pulls up and did it’s rumbly spinning and compacting cycle right next to it and silence? Very odd.

Wersi

Post by Wersi »

Had the same two nights ago while parked on the drive ( 2023 230 Hybrid and 300 miles ).
Never heard anything but the Bluelink warned me when I switched my phone on.

Going to start leaving my phone on after this !!
Tucson N-Line Hybrid 230
Shimmering Silver
Bought new on 31/3/23

UK
old man

Post by old man »

Maybe not relevant to the above cases, but the interior alarm is very sensitive e.g. a very small fly or a spider will activate it.
The actual alarm is really not very loud and is pretty use useless unless you're standing in close proximity, which rather defeats the object.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

Yes, I had a similar happen to me... no problems since getting the Tucson back in Feb, but did a trip to the dump a couplke of weeks ago and the next 2 nights the alarm went off.

I turned off the internal alarm, nothing that night, the the following night it went off again.

Did a good hoover up of the car and found spiders behind both sunvisors. When they had been disposed of, no problems since.
Tucson N Line S Hybrid Auto in Dark Knight

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post