Media touch screen

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
md2609

Post by md2609 »

Recently, whilst listening to music via bluetooth from my iphone (not via apple car play) i cannot select songs using the touchscreen.

When you press on a track you get a few dots like its thinking about it but then nothing happens.

The tracks change ok via the steering wheel buttons.

It just happen overnight and i have not fiddled with any setting and cannot find any setting that may cause it.

Have also disconnected/reconnected my phone several times with no joy.

Last update was December so is running the latest update, i think.

Anyone help?

Its a 72 reg Ultimate.

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

md2609 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:58 pm Recently, whilst listening to music via bluetooth from my iphone (not via apple car play) i cannot select songs using the touchscreen.

When you press on a track you get a few dots like its thinking about it but then nothing happens.

It just happen overnight and i have not fiddled with any setting and cannot find any setting that may cause it.

Anyone help?

Its a 72 reg Ultimate.
Not had this problem but if its not resolved itself I would:
Double check that you are on the latest software update and secondly I would try a soft reset on the unit. Small button bottom left, press it with pin or similar until it resets.
md2609

Post by md2609 »

IngerzSH wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:37 am
md2609 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 5:58 pm Recently, whilst listening to music via bluetooth from my iphone (not via apple car play) i cannot select songs using the touchscreen.

Anyone help?

Its a 72 reg Ultimate.
Not had this problem but if its not resolved itself I would:
Double check that you are on the latest software update and secondly I would try a soft reset on the unit. Small button bottom left, press it with pin or similar until it resets.
Does this reset everything or just a reboot kind of thing?

Tried it and no different, thanks anyway
Deleted User 616

Depends on how long you keep the button pressed I recall. Short press is a reboot. Longer press and it goes back to default and you will have to re-enter settings/etc.

Perhaps it's a dealer query/fix ....
md2609

Post by md2609 »

IngerzSH wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:50 pm Depends on how long you keep the button pressed I recall. Short press is a reboot. Longer press and it goes back to default and you will have to re-enter settings/etc.

Going to try and update next i think.
Deleted User 616

md2609 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:14 pm
IngerzSH wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:50 pm Depends on how long you keep the button pressed I recall. Short press is a reboot. Longer press and it goes back to default and you will have to re-enter settings/etc.

Hope it sorts it.
md2609

Post by md2609 »

IngerzSH wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:44 pm
md2609 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 6:14 pm

Hope it sorts it.
Did the update and still doesnt work.

Definately seems like a software glitch and not a screen fault as when on apple play the touchscreen can be used to select tracks.

Looks like a trip to see the dealer….ffs

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post