The car is so good, we are getting another one

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

ExTyke wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 6:15 am It's under [vehicle] [Driver Assistance] [Driving Convenience] (this is shown in front of the picture of the car) and then it's [Leading Vehicle Depature Alert].

I'm trying to learn my way round as fast as I can. (although still can't cope with smart cruise control). Do I need to put up an 'obligatory picture' too?
"can't cope with smart cruise control"

What is there to cope with?? It works brilliantly, a million times better than standard cruise control.
23 Tucson 230 HEV

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Obligatory pictures are always welcomed. :D :D

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
r0n

Post by r0n »

That's some serious discount for being a member of a club , do you have to be a member for a qualifying time before you can get the discount ? . It might be useful information for anyone thinking of buying a new car .

[edit] to answer my own question I found the info., yes there's a qualifying time
2023 Tucson - Premium - Petrol - Manual
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Yes, it's 6 months.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
r0n

Post by r0n »

Thanks for the heads up on the level of discount you received and the qualifying time, should I buy another new Hyundai I know for next time ....
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

r0n wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:29 pm Thanks for the heads up on the level of discount you received
It may be worth checking out the Hyundai Affinity programme as very decent discounts are achievable for those who qualify. In my case, the discounted price beat the best ‘Carwow’ quote by some margin. Moreover, if you read the small print, the discount can be offered to quite a few family members. It is not to be sniffed at in these times!
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I would also check with brokers. I've seen very large discounts on ultimate HEV models. I looked recently and one quote was £5800 discount. I'm not in the market currently so I didn't enquire about delivery times etc etc. However, someone has just posted that you can't order a new factory Tucson due to a facelift model coming out .... really ???
r0n

Post by r0n »

Indalo wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 8:53 pm It may be worth checking out the Hyundai Affinity programme as very decent discounts are achievable for those who qualify. In my case, the discounted price beat the best ‘Carwow’ quote by some margin. Moreover, if you read the small print, the discount can be offered to quite a few family members. It is not to be sniffed at in these times!
I wouldn't have qualified under Hyundai Affinity but I think, given the discounts on offer, if you can wait 6 months to order then perhaps joining some of the organisations on the list and paying your membership fees may well be worthwhile. Needless to say I've already ordered a few days back and Carwow offered me what was I felt the best deal for me at the time, fortunately I was able to negotiate upwards a part exchange I had so it mitigates the difference in price.

I don't want to hijack this thread as it's not fair on the OP who was posting about his new car and was gracious enough to mention the discount he received, so I'll perhaps go start a new thread about pricing . :)
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

sjxqe21o6iem.jpg

tmxkl6f2mq20.jpeg

37cc42am3aar.jpg

Not the best pictures but at least they show it still gleaming.

RE: Cruise Control

1. It did a great job of slowing down for a roundabout (junction of M180 and M18) which impressed me. But once on the roundabout it then started accelerating very hard and I had to intervene.
2. It seems to brake a lot later than I would like it to in slowing traffic. To conserve energy (and regen rather than brake) I'm inclined to cancel cruise and take over.
3. I can't work out how to get it to either stick to the speed lmit or set to the speed the car is already doing. Obviously I'm gettng something wrong but it seems randowm which it chooses.

None of this is major. Indeed first world problems. Perhaps I'm just trying to use cruise in the wrong conditions. Overall I'm loving the car so far. Currently 100mpg average but I've some long journeys coming up so that will deteriorate quickly enough.
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

alan sh wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 10:19 pm And the obligatory picture :)

P1000011 (Large).JPG
Looks nice Alan (and wife). You're certainly gathering a fair collection of 'red' vehicles!