June 23 Update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

mah006 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:02 pm I noticed in the update today that when average speed cameras are active a box appears calculating the cars average speed
Nice touch :D
Was this visible as you used the nav, or on the cluster without?

mah006

Post by mah006 »

richarde wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:23 pm
mah006 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 7:02 pm I noticed in the update today that when average speed cameras are active a box appears calculating the cars average speed
Nice touch :D
Was this visible as you used the nav, or on the cluster without?
It was visible on the nav map screen with no destination selected :D
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Abstract_Biscuit

Post by Abstract_Biscuit »

Hi
So I have a 2021 (71 plate) Hyundai Tuscon SE Connect.

The infotainment and sat nav hasn’t been updated since new and is now telling me that soon I’ll not be able to use the interactive routing without an update.
Reading through the various threads it appears that you no longer have to have the car “on” to do the update however the thing that always has stopped me from doing an update is that it appears the UK models are not supported for home updates ( all other markets inc EU are though).

Will the updates provided on line work ok with a uk model or do I need the dealer to do this?

I think the listed model you can update doesn’t have the e in the name.

IMG_4518.jpeg

Tuscon (2022 model) 1.6 TGDi 150ps 6MT in Amazon Grey

Previous
Tuscon (2019 model) 1.6 GDi 6MT in Black
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Abstract_Biscuit wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:34 am Hi
So I have a 2021 (71 plate) Hyundai Tuscon SE Connect.

The infotainment and sat nav hasn’t been updated since new and is now telling me that soon I’ll not be able to use the interactive routing without an update.
Reading through the various threads it appears that you no longer have to have the car “on” to do the update however the thing that always has stopped me from doing an update is that it appears the UK models are not supported for home updates ( all other markets inc EU are though).

Will the updates provided on line work ok with a uk model or do I need the dealer to do this?

I think the listed model you can update doesn’t have the e in the name.
I've updated mine each time an update has been released and more recently applied the June update and it worked fine. You'll need a PC or MAC and you just use the download tool from hyundais website. You'll then need an external harddrive or 64GB Pendrive to copy the downloaded update to. Follow the instructions on the website and you should be fine. Many people on this forum have done the update(s).

My software is for the Hybrid model so I assume the H is there to signify this. If not a hybrid, the version will be different but when you use the download tool you will choose the non hybrid download.

Screenshot_20230706_130844_Bluelink.jpg

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

IngerzSH wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:05 pm You'll then need an external harddrive or 64GB Pendrive to copy the downloaded update to.
I know 64GB is the stated requirement, but it does actually fit on a 32GB stick at the moment - with about 3GB to spare.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Abstract_Biscuit

Post by Abstract_Biscuit »

Thank you both. I feel a lot more confident about completing this now and again in the future.
Tuscon (2022 model) 1.6 TGDi 150ps 6MT in Amazon Grey

Previous
Tuscon (2019 model) 1.6 GDi 6MT in Black
Berty

Post by Berty »

I only updated mine overnight and noticed this morning before I embarked on my trip to drop the wife to work a little symbol was in the bottom left of the MAP which was the "office" symbol and as I have her work as the "office" I clicked it and away it went. It had always had a button for parking when I arrived at a destination so I knew that bit. One of the updates notes said I could use the point of interest for POIs near me/along the route. I'm sure that was there before.

Otherwise didn't notice anything new and it still took quite a long time to download and install.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post