Dash cam.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
XADE

Post by XADE »

Hyun-day! wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:26 pm The dashcam I fitted has a parking mode hardwire kit which is £20. So, that would replace the dongar rear view mirror cable I'm currently using. The park mode cable has low voltage detection so it 'should' protect the somewhat fragile battery on the Hybrid. After fitting mine with the dongar adapter, I'm considering changing the cable to the parking mode cable to see how it performs. I've attached some pictures of the install. No screen, connect via WiFi to the cam and download footage or take out the supplied memory card and use a PC. It also supports voice commands so no need to press any buttons eg: take a picture or lock the recording. So, if you buy the park mode cable at £20, the dashcam is currently £89, thats £109 for 4k front/hd rear dashcam with 64GB memory card included. Obviously I installed myself so saved the installation charge.
Which camera is this? Sorry if I missed it.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

XADE wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 pm Which camera is this? Sorry if I missed it.
It's an Azdome M300s. My previous cam was a Nextbase but after a good few years with no issues it finally gave up the ghost.

So ... Instead of going for the same brand I thought I would give a cheaper/less known brand a go and see how it goes. I think old man had an Azdome (not this model) and didn't rate it at all and swears by his Nextbase.

However, I have to say thus far, I just get in the car and the cam comes on (it tells me) and when I switch off (it tells me). I don't even think about it, which is exactly what I wanted. I've checked the footage and it's very good both front and back. It doesn't have any 'bells and whistles' like many cams, but to be honest the car already has many, if not all, of the functions that some dashcams provide. (Lane Departure,collision avoidance etc). It does have GPS/impact detection plus parking mode only with their hardwire cable which I don't currently have.

Can I recommend it, well its probably too early to say as its not been in that long and its new to me, so only time will tell how reliable it is. It does seems very well put together (metal rather than plastic) and the app is easy to use, so all I can say is I'm very happy with it thus far. I found it easy to fit as a diy'er even getting the rear view cam cable through the hatch rubber trunking to completely hide the cable ( Youtube came to the rescue here with the zip tie method .. it did work but its easier when the rubber trunking is warm and maleable so I did it in the hot weather .....

If you're not bothered about parking mode then i notice the dongar rear view mirror usb dashcam adaptor is on sale at £16 plus carriage/tax which is the cheapest I've seen it.

Screenshot_20230621_173144_Chrome.jpg

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Hyun-day! wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 3:07 pm
XADE wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:48 pm Which camera is this? Sorry if I missed it.

Can I recommend it, well its probably too early to say as its not been in that long and its new to me,
mine has been in over a year ago and its still going strong, I have post on hear some where on its installation.

jools
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

We have the Nextbase 422W. Works very well.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
KeithB1

Post by KeithB1 »

Thanks for all the replies folks. Sorry about the delay in getting back on this but we have a lot going on at the moment. Nowadays my tinkering with cars is limited to checking tyres /oil etc so need to pay to get jobs done. I'm still tempted to go the "safe" route with a Hyundai dealer so will be checking out the ones reasonably local for the best price, but it's looking like £400+.

Thanks again for the replies.
Keith
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

When I bought my Hybrid Tuscan brand new my dealer fitted a Nextbase 380GWX (camera front and rear) for £349.
The reasons - I once worked in the insurance business looking into scam crash for car accidents, a dashcam is of massive benefit to the victim. The dealer (hopefully will do a good job fitting them) and they did. It shouldn't void any warranty as the Hyundai dealer fitted it. Also Halfords don't seem to want to fit them to Hybrids.
I have no trouble with mine and am happy with it.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I just fitted a Nextbase 422W to my wife's new car. Ran the power lead under the roof to the end of the window, then down under the rubber strip till I got the the floor, then under the car mat till I got to the 12v supply. If I say so myself, it's a neat job and you can only see the wire if you really look hard - and then only about 3" of it.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
poldark

Post by poldark »

That looks similar to a Blackvue. I went for a Blackvue on my 2022 Hybrid Hyundai instead of a Nextbase which I have had on previous vehicles. The installer fitted a Blackvuew front and rear camera in under 20 minutes and connected to the fusebox not the mirrorhousing. Its been fine so far and is very discreet because of its size. No inbuilt battery on the Blackvue so it does take a live feed that shuts down below a certain voltage drop on the main battery.
Just been away for 16 days with the car outside in an airport car park and I left it if park mode. Twitching when I got back at 03.00hrs in the morning, but car started perfectly as if I had just parked it.
2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate in Red. 2023 Honda Forza 750cc in Blue.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

poldark wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:22 am been away for 16 days with the car outside in an airport car park and I left it if park mode. Twitching when I got back at 03.00hrs in the morning, but car started perfectly as if I had just parked it.
Given some of the complaints I have read about problems entering and starting the Tucson Hybrid after a few days of non-use, it’s reassuring to hear that not everyone experiences the issue.

Thanks for posting!
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
EJH

Post by EJH »

Nextbase also do fitting by their own technicians. Price similar, if not better than dealers
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post