Just ordered an ultimate 1.6 tgdi

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
steve_elstree

Post by steve_elstree »

Sorry if this has been covered, just ordered a new Tucson. Mentioned it to a colleague and he said he had nothing but problems with his having to regenerate the Ppf causing issues with the car juddering. He took it to to a dealer several times but they were less than helpful. He sold it after a year as he was fed up. I’m really concerned now. Saw a post about a software update being rolled out to dealers to fix the issue, has anyone had this update and did it solve it? It’s really taken the enjoyment out of getting a new car, any advice appreciated.

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

I think that only affects the non-hybrids. What have you ordered?
steve_elstree

Post by steve_elstree »

richarde wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:28 pm I think that only affects the non-hybrids. What have you ordered?
Yes I have ordered the petrol version. 😬
Deleted User 487

The UK cars are all petrol - ICE, MHEV, HEV and PHEV. Which one of these have you ordered.
steve_elstree

Post by steve_elstree »

Hyundai Tucson 1.6 T-GDi 150ps Ultimate. Have I made a big mistake?
Deleted User 487

I don’t think so. Others who have a regular ICE Tucson would be better placed than me to comment, but I don’t think you’ve made a bad choice, it’s a great car.
XADE

Post by XADE »

steve_elstree wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:05 pm Hyundai Tucson 1.6 T-GDi 150ps Ultimate. Have I made a big mistake?
What mistake have you made? The PPF issue has been resolved in an update apparently, it only happened to people who did a lot of very small journeys, and it wasn't THAT prevelant I don't think.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
steve_elstree

Post by steve_elstree »

My work is only 6 miles away, and I don’t really do a lot of motorway miles. This is why I’m worried. really Hoping someone who has had this issue can confirm about the software update fixed it. 🤞🏻
XADE

Post by XADE »

steve_elstree wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:39 pm My work is only 6 miles away, and I don’t really do a lot of motorway miles. This is why I’m worried. really Hoping someone who has had this issue can confirm about the software update fixed it. 🤞🏻
viewtopic.php?t=888
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
daibill

Post by daibill »

I have the premium version of what you have ordered and have done 13.5k. Haven't had the issue. Mind you I've never read on here ( or in the kia sportage forum ) of the car causing juddering either..
My dealer hasn't said anything about a software update either and looked a bit blank when I mentioned it at the 10k service although It may just they hadn't had the bulletin by then ( March )

I use engine breaking to clear the ppf/gpf on my commute (which is a 36 mile round trip on a dual carriageway) and when doing the plethora of a mile or 2 short local trips run by going down hill or approaching roundabouts in a lower gear. So far so good. Have even done a month of working from home with short trips only so no commute with no issues.

Going for a motorway blast at 70 in 4th for miles will not clear a ppf like it would with a diesel.. You need off throttle at higher revs (i do about 3.5k to 2k ) to blow oxygen through the filter to "blow it out" so to speak... Hence the engine breaking I employ..

Enjoy your new car and I guarantee it will make you want to drive it more than your commute!
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post