Navigation Update 2023

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
philbo59

Post by philbo59 »

Hello,

Just joined to get some help with the update process.
I'm Uk based and own a 2022 Tucson hybrid.
When I set a navigation in the car, the system tells me its out of date and to update, so thought I'd give it a go, and it seems many on this forum have done it successfully.

Current settings on the car are
Platform : Standard-class Gen5W Navigation
Model : NX4eAH.S5BLC.AEU
Software version : NX4e_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210817
Firmware version : NX4e_H.EUR.02.210723.MICOM

Ok so I'm comfortable downloading the software to usb, but am getting the error message attached.
PXL_20230809_151835477.jpg
Here's what I've done so far

1. Used navigation updater on pc to download update, format 64gb usb, copy update to usb.
Selected Tucson/Tucson hybrid for download.
Download version is NX4e_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.230601
Doing update in car, system spends about a minute validating usb and then get error message

2. Repeated 1 as I thought I could have missed something, but got error message again.

3. Did a full exFAT format of the usb drive.
Copied the update files manually.
At the car the update got further, the progress bar reached 15% before the error message displayed.

4. Through the navigation updater, downloaded the update again this time selecting software version.
I found the correct update using the existing software version, the last 6 digits reflect the current date.
(Using the model number the updater seems to be missing the lowercase e, which agrees with another post I've seen)
However this update appears to be the same version as I originally downloaded in point 1, I suspect this won't work either.

Any help would be appreciated.

philbo59

Post by philbo59 »

Sorry here's the picture

PXL_20230809_151835477_1.jpg

XADE

Post by XADE »

Have you tried multiple USB drives? That would be my first thought.

If not, reinstalling the update software.

As far as I remember you do not need to format the USB as the updater software will do this for you.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
philbo59

Post by philbo59 »

Thanks for the response XADE.

I'd thought of trying another usb drive as well, but wanted some feedback first.

Reinstalling the software is another good option.

I'd read somewhere about formatting the usb drive first, and it did get me further.

Will try another usb first, and then re-install the software if it still errors.
I'll post back in a few days, need to get another usb drive first.
XADE

Post by XADE »

philbo59 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 7:59 pm Thanks for the response XADE.

I'd thought of trying another usb drive as well, but wanted some feedback first.

Reinstalling the software is another good option.

I'd read somewhere about formatting the usb drive first, and it did get me further.

Will try another usb first, and then re-install the software if it still errors.
I'll post back in a few days, need to get another usb drive first.
No problem. Yeah I think either some early instructions had the need to format the USB drive, or Hyundai just built the function in to the software.

I've not seen that exact error on here, but it would obviously suggest the onboard computer system is not seeing some files it should to kick the update off.

Hope you get it sorted
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
philbo59

Post by philbo59 »

To complete the post, I updated the infotainment system this morning using another usb drive.

Did a full exFAT format on the drive and copied the files manually before starting the update.

I guess my original usb drive was either faulty or not the required spec.
3puddings

Post by 3puddings »

What is this update? Is it just updating new roads, one way streets etc
2023 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Premium 230 BHP
Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

3puddings wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:47 pm What is this update? Is it just updating new roads, one way streets etc
It's map data plus updates/new functionality for the infotainment system. The June 2023 update didn't provide many new bits and pieces and it's difficult to say about the mapping updates. You can check by going to the hyundai software update site.

I tend to apply the updates when they are released as I just want to be as up-to-date as much as possible. Hyundai tend to release an update every six months. There are rumours of over-the-air updates but suspect they will come with the facelifted Tucson next year. For now you either apply yourself or ask your dealer to do it.
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

Hyun-day! wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:02 pm
3puddings wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:47 pm What is this update? Is it just updating new roads, one way streets etc
It's map data plus updates/new functionality for the infotainment system. The June 2023 update didn't provide many new bits and pieces and it's difficult to say about the mapping updates. You can check by going to the hyundai software update site.

I tend to apply the updates when they are released as I just want to be as up-to-date as much as possible. Hyundai tend to release an update every six months. There are rumours of over-the-air updates but suspect they will come with the facelifted Tucson next year. For now you either apply yourself or ask your dealer to do it.
Do you know what the new functionality is?
23 Tucson 230 HEV
Deleted User 1130

Post by Deleted User 1130 »

italianjob1970 wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:37 pm
Hyun-day! wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:02 pm

Do you know what the new functionality is?
Not much with the June update, but suspect there are bug fixes that are not documented for end users plus ofcourse mapping updates. The only documented stuff is:

Screenshot_20230821_170517_Chrome.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post