Navigation Update 2023

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
philbo59

Post by philbo59 »

My last post seems to have generated some responses.

I hope everyone has the information they need.

I have a 2022 Tucson Hybrid premium.
Earlier in the summer when using the navigation system it kept telling me the maps were out of date.
Sometimes when following a navigation onto brand new roads, the system would temporarily lose track of where I was.

The navigation files on the car were dated 17/08/21, so I updated to June 2023, which is the latest version.
As noted in the posts you also get updates/bug fixes to the infotainment system as a whole, the only noted update in this release concerns highlighting electrical charge points on the mapping.
I have noted some some new instrument display themes, the cube display is new to me and very different, although this may have been available pre June 2023.

Frequency of update is a personal decision. For me I think its a once a year job, unless prompted by the car or Hyundai.
Some people will want to do it more regularly to get the latest updates or mapping.

I worked in IT for many years and we learned to avoid updating latest software releases straight away, this way you avoid any issues in the new software.
Of course in this situation you can only take the latest release, so I'd probably advise leaving it a few weeks after the release date before updating.

The alternative, as has been said above, is to ask your dealer to do it as part of the service schedule.

StuartDX

Post by StuartDX »

Hi thanks to the forum for clarifying that the update will prompt you to commence upon switching off the engine. I had to buy a new USB drive as none in the house were big enough; download took time (inc the auto formatting of the USB by the Hyundai downloader software) but this update (first since I received the 2022 Tuscon) took about 35mins and the Bluelink notified me that the update was complete.

Having noted comments here, I started the engine with the USB still present - infotainment did a couple of "preparing" graphic steps but soon all was available. Checked the Android Auto and it will run full-screen (although I tend to use the built-in Satnav by default); a few items noted as new (% symbol for nearby locations with offers, closing windows in tunnels and the ambient sounds addition). Interested to see if SatNav data has updated with revised speed limits locally.
StuartDX

Post by StuartDX »

A quick note - I had to re - pair my phone over Bluetooth with the car (read re-pair several times before I realised it wasn't repair!) after the update.
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

StuartDX wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:19 pm A quick note - I had to re - pair my phone over Bluetooth with the car (read re-pair several times before I realised it wasn't repair!) after the update.
I've done a few updates now but I've never has to re-pair my phone post completion of the updates. Be interesting to see if others have had to re-pair.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Not me
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Berty

Post by Berty »

DotDotDotDot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:08 pm
StuartDX wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:19 pm A quick note - I had to re - pair my phone over Bluetooth with the car (read re-pair several times before I realised it wasn't repair!) after the update.
I've done a few updates now but I've never has to re-pair my phone post completion of the updates. Be interesting to see if others have had to re-pair.
No, although the last update recommended it for those with an interface that could pick up Wireless Android Auto but the Tucson NX4 couldn't do that anyway. I've never had to re-pair.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Having only had my HEV for 7 months, I have performed just one infotainment unit update and there was no issue requiring me pair my phone with the unit again.

Previously between Hyundai and KIA models over 12 years, I performed quite a few system updates, on a couple of occasions from ‘pirate’ sites, and had no problems that required a re-pairing of the phone and infotainment unit.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Deleted User 1711

Be interesting to hear from StuartDX to see if it was an actual requirement or, as Berty has noted, there was an instruction to re-pair if Wireless Android Auto was to be enabled (I must take more notice as i didnt see that note!). That instruction therefore only applied to the newer ccNc infotainment system and was not a requirement for the current NX4 Tucson. The new ccNc system is on the upcoming Tucson facelift so wireless AA/ACP will be standard.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Berty wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:05 am
DotDotDotDot wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:08 pm
No, although the last update recommended it for those with an interface that could pick up Wireless Android Auto but the Tucson NX4 couldn't do that anyway. I've never had to re-pair.
Wasn't it rumoured again that an update would enable wireless AA? Or did it turn out to be incorrect update notes..?
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 1711

XADE wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:11 pm
Wasn't it rumoured again that an update would enable wireless AA? Or did it turn out to be incorrect update notes..?
Hyundai dangled a carrot a while back but gave few detail about which models would actually get a wireless AA/ACP update. I'm not holding my breath, like others, I'm not convinced the wifi hardware is installed on the NX4 model to allow a software update to bring it too life. The facelift will definitely have it along with OTA updates.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post