New Tucson Owner With Questions....

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ScottyR81

Post by ScottyR81 »

Evening. I'm a new owner having taken delivery today of my 73 plate tucson ultimate phev but I have some questions and I can't find answers on Google anywhere so can you all help me??

1. Took it straight to the garage to fill up but my god what a nightmare, the pump kept clicking off, thankfully it has a small tank otherwise I'd still be there now! Is there a knack or position I need to have the pump in to avoid this?

2. Straight away downloaded the bluelink app but all the options that sold the car to me are greyed out? I can't pre warm the car etc?

3. Android auto, its greyed out on the dash?

Thanks in advance

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

1. No idea.
2 & 3 - take it back and get them to sort it out.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

Still waiting for my Phev so can’t give much help but I did have another car once that just hated a particular filling station near me and I always had the same experience as you with it clicking off all the time. It never happened anywhere else though and other cars have been fine at the same place… so in short I’d give it a try at a different petrol station next time and see if it’s just a one off……
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal
Tagore

Post by Tagore »

Good morning. Hope you are enjoying your car. I am looking forward to picking up my HEV on Saturday 30th.
I did look into the Bluelink app. My understanding is that certain features, like pre warming work with EV’s only. It’s a shame as I would have liked that.
Tagore
Ultimate Hybrid 2023 Silky Bronze Moss Grey Leather
Berty

Post by Berty »

1. No idea, unlikely to be the car. You'll only know next time you fill up but if you're a PHEV owner like me that could be weeks away because I keep mine charged.
2. Did not know PHEVs could pre heat or the option is available in the UK. I'm not in the UK, no car in Ireland registered in 22/23 can do that. So if the car was sold on that premise and you can prove that you bought a car with those options then you might have a case to dispute.
3. AA greyed out? That is odd. Assuming you see it because the phone is plugged in because otherwise it would say simply phone projection. Have you followed the steps on your phone screen giving the APP permissions etc. Even if you did this on your last car you've to do it on every fresh car you connect in.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

1) I have the same regularly, probably the pump
2) not a feature
3) need to set permissions on phone
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
ScottyR81

Post by ScottyR81 »

Thanks everyone for the guidance. From lots of research I've concluded that perhaps Android auto doesn't work wirelessly either?

Have also discovered this morning that it only comes with one charger lead and not a three pin plug as well, was told it would, quite a disappointing start to tucson ownership so far. Seems pointless having a qi charger eliminating thr need for a lead but then you do need one?!
You'd think a mid 40k car would have both wireless android auto and a three pin plug?
NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

Agree re the above.

I struggle with the argument about pre hearing not being allowed in the UK as my ford kuga Phev on a 21 plate had the function to remote start the engine and pre heat. Always made me a bit nervous seeing the car running on the drive with no one in but ford can’t think it’s illegal…..🤷🏻‍♂️
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal
ScottyR81

Post by ScottyR81 »

NewMrP wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:16 am Agree re the above.

I struggle with the argument about pre hearing not being allowed in the UK as my ford kuga Phev on a 21 plate had the function to remote start the engine and pre heat. Always made me a bit nervous seeing the car running on the drive with no one in but ford can’t think it’s illegal…..🤷🏻‍♂️
I had an xc90 that done the same, so clever that I even started it on my parents drive when we were in Portugal! So how do all these other manufacturers get over the "legality"?
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Stationary idling is an offence under Section 42 of the Road Traffic Act 1988. The act enforces Rule 123 of the Highway Code, that states: “You must not leave a vehicle's engine running unnecessarily while that vehicle is stationary on a public road.”

My understanding is that this rule could also be applied if the vehicle is on private property, such as your driveway, enforcement would most likely depend upon how many complaints your neighbours make is my guess.

Hyundai are playing safe to avoid any legal come back for the above offence, or if you garage your car and it gets accidentally started and you gas yourself or family..

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post