Boot space

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
woodlyandwigs

Post by woodlyandwigs »

Hi there

Apologies if this is a silly question. I collected my new mild Hybrid automatic yesterday and was wondering about the boot space. Is it possible to remove the foam box insert and drop the boot base lower. Or is that not possible as would it mean the battery isn't protected?

I'm a bit clueless with cars and coming from a ford focus so SUVs are new to me.

Thank you

Install3balls

Post by Install3balls »

The yank models have a two tier boot floor so you can lower it about an inch I’m not sure on uk spec but I’ll check my 48v ultimate and post back
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

On UK models, the pure petrol and full hybrid you can lower the boot floor without removing polystyrene insert. But the mild hybrid has a 48v battery underneath and the PHEV has a 12v battery in there, both of which prevent lowering the boot floor
NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

I have the PHEV and if I lift the foam insert there are the batteries but there is still a lot of unused space down there. I wondered if it was suitable for bits and pieces that didn’t get used often - as it would be a pain lifting the insert too often? Nothing hard that might hit against the batteries … and whilst I’m typing this I’m desperately trying to think of something that fits the bill., or do the batteries get hot / pose a fire risk if anything is near them? Just in case I ever have to transport lots of pairs of socks and need that little extra space…….🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal
Berty

Post by Berty »

For my PHEV I cannot be bothered having to deal with the foam each time and only stuff I have under the tray anyway is my type 2 cable , first aid kit and triangle.

Frankly for a big car it's a tall boot rather than a big boot.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
roadster

Post by roadster »

NewMrP wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:23 pm I have the PHEV and if I lift the foam insert there are the batteries but there is still a lot of unused space down there. I wondered if it was suitable for bits and pieces that didn’t get used often - as it would be a pain lifting the insert too often? Nothing hard that might hit against the batteries … and whilst I’m typing this I’m desperately trying to think of something that fits the bill., or do the batteries get hot / pose a fire risk if anything is near them? Just in case I ever have to transport lots of pairs of socks and need that little extra space…….🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
From memory I think there is also a box of electronics. It might be the charger/controller interface but I'm not sure. This will get hot and it isn't water cooled so I wouldn't want to pack stuff around it. Correction: I have just looked at a photo and it is water cooled!

DSCF2628s.JPG

Tucson PHEV Premium
Oreo22

Post by Oreo22 »

I have a June 23 phev and the gubbins and battery look to in different places to mine . .
The hev version has a better polystyrene moulding as the cavities are deeper and you can store thing better you can also store the boot covering the hev version compared to the phev where there is no storage . I am going to modify my polystyrene blocks I can store the boot cover as its a pain in the A not having some where. I am very disappointed in hyundia as the did not think about where to put the battery and controller they just dumped it and why they cannot integrate the 12volt into drive battery as they did with hev hybrid seem stupid clearly they have the technology to do this . Phev seems to be a last minute after thought. Which has not been executed very well. HYUNDAI need to look at toyota another's. I had 2019 toyota rav4 hev awd before and the package a full spare the hybrid bits and a variable boot floor .
NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

Are there different PHEV versions? Mine looks just like the photo plus the top of the foam insert has several cut outs - one is a perfect fit for the charge cable but others allow for quite a bit of ‘junk’ storage……
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post