2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
swiftly72

Post by swiftly72 »

Quinn010 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:08 pm
swiftly72 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:51 pm Also have shadow grey overdue. A ship has just left Gdansk to Tilbury due on the 5th, hopefully its full of N Line's :D
When did you order? Mine was originally due into dealer 22nd dec but every update I get the dates are pushed back. Not sure how accurate they are. As of New Year's Eve my car still wasn't built yet so don't think I'll be on that ship :(
Order date is 10 Sep but then my build / delivery dates were around the same as yours before xmas. My dealer eventually found out it would be built in Jan for a late Jan / early Feb delivery however Hyundai Uk have said it went to sea on the 29th December and should dock mid Jan which seems a bit suspect. I think there will be a lot of new N Line S's parked up at dealers for a few weeks until March 22 plates.

Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

swiftly72 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:22 pm
swiftly72 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:51 pm Also have shadow grey overdue. A ship has just left Gdansk to Tilbury due on the 5th, hopefully its full of N Line's :D
When did you order? Mine was originally due into dealer 22nd dec but every update I get the dates are pushed back. Not sure how accurate they are. As of New Year's Eve my car still wasn't built yet so don't think I'll be on that ship :(
Order date is 10 Sep but then my build / delivery dates were around the same as yours before xmas. My dealer eventually found out it would be built in Jan for a late Jan / early Feb delivery however Hyundai Uk have said it went to sea on the 29th December and should dock mid Jan which seems a bit suspect. I think there will be a lot of new N Line S's parked up at dealers for a few weeks until March 22 plates.
The trouble is I think a lot of N Lines went on back order so weren't accepted by the factory until November. I also don't get why Hyundai predict about 12 days for shipping when the ship only takes like 4 days.
Trim/Engine: 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 N Line S 5dr 2WD Auto
Order date: Dealer stock order 25th August 21
Build completion: 9th Feb 22
Arrived Tilbury: 16th Feb 22
Arrived into dealer: 24th Feb 22 (original date on paperwork 22 Dec 21)
Pick up: 2nd March 22
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

Quinn010 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 pm
swiftly72 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:22 pm

The trouble is I think a lot of N Lines went on back order so weren't accepted by the factory until November. I also don't get why Hyundai predict about 12 days for shipping when the ship only takes like 4 days.
I think the shipping time inclides sitting at the port waiting for a RORO, then waiting to be PDI'd at tilbury, amd then sent to your dealer, of which there is a shortage of delivery drivers.
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

That will be the next thing, car finally gets here and no one to deliver it to dealer :(
mah006

Post by mah006 »

I ordered my Hybrid 230 N Line S in Shadow Grey September 4th & was told delivery to dealer was 22nd December, i have had no update from my dealer at all
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

mah006 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:35 pm I ordered my Hybrid 230 N Line S in Shadow Grey September 4th & was told delivery to dealer was 22nd December, i have had no update from my dealer at all
That was my original deliver to dealer date, then it was 5th Jan, 13th Jan and now 29th Jan. Hyundai supply said 'built within 4 weeks', then 2 weeks later told me 'built within 2 weeks'. The lack of any confirmed dates is starting to seriously annoy me.
ashm

Post by ashm »

I'm another anxious customer here awaiting my Tuscon Hybrid Ultimate 2WD Auto (Shimmering Silver), so I thought I'd jump on this too...

Just to paint a picture here of my scenario...

I had my 2019 Tuscon Premium SE stolen a month ago. The car was found a few days later in an accident.
On xmas eve, I found out the car is a total write-off.

I was desperate for a car (as now we have none), and we loved this car so much, I decided to order a new Tusco Ultimate (i.e. equivalent'ish of the Premium SE).

After calling tonnes of dealerships including my local one (where I ordered my original 2019 Tuscon), Most dealers told me it would be a factory order, with a wait of around 6 months at least. No one has stock (that's not already been sold).

In the end, I manage to find a dealer 100 miles away who had some on order (the colour and spec I wanted), so I ordered it last week. They've told me they have had it on order since the end of October 2021. It should be built by the end of January and arrive at the dealer at some point in February. They have told me to wait until March (the earliest).

I am just wondering how accurate all of this is, or if I will be waiting the 6 months at least?!
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

ashm wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 pm I'm another anxious customer here awaiting my Tuscon Hybrid Ultimate 2WD Auto (Shimmering Silver), so I thought I'd jump on this too...

I had my 2019 Tuscon Premium SE stolen a month ago. The car was found a few days later in an accident.

I was desperate for a car (as now we have none), and we loved this car so much, I decided to order a new Tusco Ultimate (i.e. equivalent'ish of the Premium SE).

After calling tonnes of dealerships including my local one (where I ordered my original 2019 Tuscon), Most dealers told me it would be a factory order, with a wait of around 6 months at least. No one has stock (that's not already been sold).

In the end, I manage to find a dealer 100 miles away who had some on order (the colour and spec I wanted), so I ordered it last week. They've told me they have had it on order since the end of October 2021. It should be built by the end of January and arrive at the dealer at some point in February. They have told me to wait until March (the earliest).

I am just wondering how accurate all of this is, or if I will be waiting the 6 months at least?!
We ordered our N line S in November and have been told to expect in 1st week in Feb. Central Scotland. That update was just before Christmas.
Quinn010

Post by Quinn010 »

ashm wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:42 pm I'm another anxious customer here awaiting my Tuscon Hybrid Ultimate 2WD Auto (Shimmering Silver), so I thought I'd jump on this too...

You've had some bad luck there :( From what I've read circa 3 months for the ultimate seems to be accurate so in your case end of Jan seems viable. The N line range seems to have the longest waiting times.
AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

Hey,

I'm in a similar boat with the timescales. I ordered an Ultimate hybrid, with the tech pack and metallic paint, in early Dec and have been advised that it'll be end of April or beginning of May for delivery.

2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post