Auto Hold and Sat Nav questions

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
roadster

Post by roadster »

old man wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:33 am , just been out and fiddled and there is a night mode.
Go to Navigation on the info screen; Press Settings at top left of screen; Press Map on LHS of screen; Press Colour Scheme; There are then 4 options of background colour - press Black and hey presto !!
Now that sunny days are here I find the contrast on the map screen too low in all of the colour modes including black. Its one reason to use Carplay I suppose. Mapfactor Navigation with open source maps is my choice at the moment.
Tucson PHEV Premium

Ram man

Post by Ram man »

I have a Sat Nav question. When I took a test drive, the ultimate spec cars sat nav was a 3way split. Showing 3 different views of the road, which I liked.
I now have the N line S but can’t seem to find this feature! Any help much appreciated
Cheers Rich
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've never seen that in the sat nav and I have the Ultimate. I do see that when I am reversing as I also have the Tech pack.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

AnnE13 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:35 pm Did you see my addition above about getting night mode on your sat nav ?
Hi, I have seen the addition now, thanks for that. I’ll have a play and see what I come up with 👍
[/quote]

Re the night mode setting. I followed your instructions but I only have a choice of 3 colours not 4 and black isn’t one of them 🤔
mah006

Post by mah006 »

AnnE13 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:06 pm
AnnE13 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:35 pm Did you see my addition above about getting night mode on your sat nav ?
Hi, I have seen the addition now, thanks for that. I’ll have a play and see what I come up with 👍
Re the night mode setting. I followed your instructions but I only have a choice of 3 colours not 4 and black isn’t one of them 🤔
[/quote]

You need to update your head unit software

https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/372
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
madowl

Post by madowl »

roadster wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:29 am
old man wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:33 am , just been out and fiddled and there is a night mode.
Go to Navigation on the info screen; Press Settings at top left of screen; Press Map on LHS of screen; Press Colour Scheme; There are then 4 options of background colour - press Black and hey presto !!
Now that sunny days are here I find the contrast on the map screen too low in all of the colour modes including black. Its one reason to use Carplay I suppose. Mapfactor Navigation with open source maps is my choice at the moment.
Strange, I had the one with white background and didn't have an issue. Now using the second one (sort of beige) and again no problem in these bright days.
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

mah006 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:27 pm
AnnE13 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:06 pm
You need to update your head unit software

https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/372
[/quote]

Thank you. Only had the car 3 weeks, I had hoped the dealer would have done it for us! I’ll give it a go.thanks again 👍
roadster

Post by roadster »

AnnE13 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:02 am Thank you. Only had the car 3 weeks, I had hoped the dealer would have done it for us! I’ll give it a go.thanks again 👍
If your dealer is as poor as mine updating the map and software is just one of the things they didn't do along with:-

Setting the correct tyre pressures.
Making sure the front number plate is mounted clear of the front radar antenna. ( see owners manual for warning about this!)
Charging the traction battery.
Delivering a car with no failure warning messages present.
Getting the paperwork correct. ( At their request I was still correcting the invoice and trade in declaration two months after taking delivery ).
Tucson PHEV Premium
old man

Post by old man »

roadster wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:22 am
AnnE13 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:02 am Thank you. Only had the car 3 weeks, I had hoped the dealer would have done it for us! I’ll give it a go.thanks again 👍
If your dealer is as poor as mine updating the map and software is just one of the things they didn't do along with:-

Setting the correct tyre pressures.
Making sure the front number plate is mounted clear of the front radar antenna. ( see owners manual for warning about this!)
Charging the traction battery.
Delivering a car with no failure warning messages present.
Getting the paperwork correct. ( At their request I was still correcting the invoice and trade in declaration two months after taking delivery ).
Dealers certainly aren't created equal are they ! Having been afflicted with out of date software on a new car in the past I asked my dealer before the car arrived to make sure mine was up to date. I was informed that they did this as part of the PDI on all cars. I had my doubts and thanks to the information on these pages I was aware that it was possible to do the update myself, so I had it downloaded and put on a memory stick ready to go if the dealer didn't do it. They did :D .

Goodness knows where some manufacturers source their sat nav mapping from ? I bought a demo Skoda in 2014 and asked at the time if the sat nav was up to date as I was going to France. I was assured it was.
At one stage during our trip, the sat nav failed to find a hotel we'd booked. When we eventually found it via my wifes excellent map reading, I asked the manager how long the hotel had been open (assuming it was very recent). 5 years I was told, so when I returned home I complained to the dealer that my sat nav was nowhere near as up to date as I'd been told. They told me that to buy the latest mapping on a cd rom normally cost around £170 (HOW MUCH ?!!) but they'd get me one free of charge. This they duly did and I loaded it into my unit, after which the hotel I'd searched for previously was still NOT shown on the map !!
The following year, I changed my car to a new Hyundai Santa Fe and once again ventured to France. When I got off the Chunnel in France the bloody sat nav tried to take me in completely the opposite direction (north instead of south) to what I'd programmed in. I'd learned a lesson from the previous year and had taken my old Garmin stand alone unit as a back up, which I then used for the duration of the holiday.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
AnnE13

Post by AnnE13 »

I checked for an update. It says updated November 2021. Is there a newer update? Also is the update offering the screen display of “black” available for the N line S?
Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post