Auto Hold and Sat Nav questions

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

old man wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:11 am Thanks for the reply madowl, It occurred to me after you'd answered that the two turnings where I got the late warnings are very new junctions and although they do show on the mapping, maybe the mapping isn't up to date enough.
I'll have to take more notice when approaching longer established junctions.
Still slowly discovering functions in my car. I've discovered that if I have the sat nav turn by turn instructions showing on the digital dash, there's a countdown in yards (it will do metres abroad I assume) to the next turn which I find very handy and now no need to listen for vocal instructions if I don't want to.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Yorkie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:25 am Auto hold didn't stay on with my 2017 Santa Fe Endurance, or on my new Tucson Ultimate. It's a shame as I really wish it did.
I’m hoping Auto Hold could be configured/changed through a software update… My wife has just taken delivery of a new Toyota Yaris Cross (really nice car), and auto hold persists through engine off/on. Plus the EPB is applied when the car is switched off too.

I’d also like to see Lane Assist stay off as well, as the current behaviour is more than a little frustrating!
mah006

Post by mah006 »

richarde wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:34 am
Yorkie wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:25 am Auto hold didn't stay on with my 2017 Santa Fe Endurance, or on my new Tucson Ultimate. It's a shame as I really wish it did.
I’m hoping Auto Hold could be configured/changed through a software update… My wife has just taken delivery of a new Toyota Yaris Cross (really nice car), and auto hold persists through engine off/on. Plus the EPB is applied when the car is switched off too.

I’d also like to see Lane Assist stay off as well, as the current behaviour is more than a little frustrating!
My partner has the new Sportage & like the Toyota Yaris Cross the autohold is on automatically on start up & you only use the button to turn it off
Hopefully the Tucson can get a software upgrade so it does the same
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
madowl

Post by madowl »

Personally I don't use autohold except in traffic queues. So if it were to be auto on it would be an annoyance to me. Maybe they could just have it restore last setting on startup.
old man

Post by old man »

[quoteSo if it were to be auto on it would be an annoyance to me][/quote]

I fail to understand that logic. On my two previous cars that had auto hold, once it was switched on it stayed on until I switched it off. (which was never). When coming to a halt for whatever reason, the auto hold would hold the car in position and upon depressing the accelerator the car would move off immediately. Where's the annoyance with that ?
madowl

Post by madowl »

old man wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:25 am [quoteSo if it were to be auto on it would be an annoyance to me]
I fail to understand that logic. On my two previous cars that had auto hold, once it was switched on it stayed on until I switched it off. (which was never). When coming to a halt for whatever reason, the auto hold would hold the car in position and upon depressing the accelerator the car would move off immediately. Where's the annoyance with that ?
[/quote]

Simply a preference. I prefer the creep function unless in congested traffic. And of course when parking between other cars auto hold can be less precise.
I do acknowledge that on an all diesel or petrol car auto hold makes more sense as the engine is running.
Again agree with you once selected it should stay in that state until switched off if that is your preference.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I don't know about the Tucson, but on my BMW, autohold would leave the brake lights on whereas the EPB would turn the brake lights off. So, I use EPB so that I don't annoy the people behind me. And yes, when I touch the accelroator, the EPB turns off.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

I prefer the creep function unless in congested traffic.
I find that the creep function will still work with Auto Hold engaged as long as I'm gentle on the brakes when slowing down or stopping.
madowl

Post by madowl »

old man wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:31 pm
I prefer the creep function unless in congested traffic.
I find that the creep function will still work with Auto Hold engaged as long as I'm gentle on the brakes when slowing down or stopping.
Interesting you say that old man.
According to an article I read a couple of months ago (don't know which but one of the motoring sites) the autohold should work differently to your experience.

It said, When autohold is "on" and you bring the car to a total stop by use of the brakes it holds at the amount of pressure you applied to stop. However if the car then starts to move (maybe because you are on a steep incline or the creep function moves it) the system automatically applies more pressure to the brakes to hold the car. To begin moving again you either need to press the accellerator or turn autohold "off"
roadster

Post by roadster »

I do find that very gentle braking when stopping will delay the auto hold but this is less pronounced on the Tucson than on the RAV4 which definitely needed moderate brake pedal pressure before it would engage. So far when in very slow moving situations I haven't found the auto hold overly intrusive but I do tend to look ahead and maintain a steady creeping speed rather than staying very close to the car ahead. Once you get used to a car's characteristics you do tend to alter driving style almost subconsciously.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post