Who buys a Tuscon 😀

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Goof

Post by Goof »

55 here, rellplacing my 14 year old CRV. Needed a larger car for deal with getting kids to/from uni with all their gear, plus being able th throw the bike. n the back.
Ordered Ultimate 230 HEV in Dark Knight -28/03/22
Initial delivery estimate 31st Aug 2022
Update (26th May) delivery to dealer on 5th August
Update(9th Jul) delivery to dealer 26th Sept :shock:
Will collect 20 sept

rando29

Post by rando29 »

Nearly 55 here and pick up my Tucson Ultimate next Friday - replacing a VW Tiguan R-Line !
Bit nervous to be honest and hope the Tucson lives up to expectations.
Tuscon Ultimate with Tech Pack 2022 - Sunset Red
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Coming up to 60 here. Replaced my 2 year old Peugeot 2008 GT with the Tucson Ultimate 230 hybrid in Dark Knight (w tech pack).

BTW Goof, in your sig you've got Tuscon instead of Tucson :)
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue
Beards

Post by Beards »

Once the golden sun sets a few more dozen times or so (who needs alarm clocks at our age) I’ll have grandkids shouting and boy can they shout….Happy 70th Birthday Gan Gan”!
Okay, I know this makes me the oldest to have given their age in this topic but who cares…..? Well not the wife nor me. Kids yes as they want inheritance.
Wait til the youngest asks the following:-
“Gan Gan, can you make the noise of a frog”?
“No, but why do you ask? Says I
“Mummy says when you Croak we’re all going to Disney”!

Anyway, having had various vehicles over the driving years (51 when last counted) our recent new one’s have amount to Honda CRV, Volvo XC60, Mercedes GLE and currently a Peugeot 3008 GT, all auto boxes.
Having had a recent ‘disagreement’ with Peugeot we decided to walk over the road to Hyundai. The second we took a Tucson Plug-in Ultimate out it became love at first sight.
Love toys in my cars and so as to keep the kids inheritance going down I always throw every penny to adding all that is offered. As such we are looking forward to our Tucson Plug-in Ultimate 230 with Tech Pack in Amazon whatever as soon as it is available.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
old man

Post by old man »

Love your story Beards, especially about the frog :lol:
I have a couple of years on you and have been driving for 55 years. I was a little bothered that the Tucson wouldn't live up to a Kodiaq I had previously, but I am rather enamoured with this car, although it doesn't have the space of the Kodiaq.
The grandchild that has just turned up (it's 07.45) to stay all week :o likes it too.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

47 here. Coming to Hyundai after a string of BMW’s.

Really impressed with my choice. Helped by the ever increasing running costs of my last BMW (£1000 for tyres, £500 luxury car tax, etc..), and the recent news of having to subscribe to have heated seats!
Beards

Post by Beards »

old man wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:54 am Love your story Beards, especially about the frog :lol:
I have a couple of years on you and have been driving for 55 years. I was a little bothered that the Tucson wouldn't live up to a Kodiaq I had previously, but I am rather enamoured with this car, although it doesn't have the space of the Kodiaq.
The grandchild that has just turned up (it's 07.45) to stay all week :o likes it too.
Glad it tickled you a little…… Whist staying off-topic (isn’t it great that at our age we do not care a fig if we get told off) and more on the inheritance trip. Besides the new Tucson, we have a new kitchen £15,000, conservatory roof change £8,000, Electric Garage Door £4,000 and if my kids annoy me further I’ll look into getting a new drive laid (it’s a hell of a big drive).
But to move back on topic so we can’t be ticked off: Most of my neighbours drive expensive cars (way too many tradesmen who charge mountains for the simplest of jobs) so the Tucson besides being a great car to drive and love the ability to use the fob to move it, it will also have the benefit of making a lot of neighbours curtains twitch in a negative way. 👍
old man

Post by old man »

Beards wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:58 am
old man wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 6:54 am Love your story Beards, especially about the frog :lol:
Glad it tickled you a little…… Whist staying off-topic (isn’t it great that at our age we do not care a fig if we get told off) and more on the inheritance trip. Besides the new Tucson, we have a new kitchen £15,000, conservatory roof change £8,000, Electric Garage Door £4,000 and if my kids annoy me further I’ll look into getting a new drive laid (it’s a hell of a big drive).
But to move back on topic so we can’t be ticked off: Most of my neighbours drive expensive cars (way too many tradesmen who charge mountains for the simplest of jobs) so the Tucson besides being a great car to drive and love the ability to use the fob to move it, it will also have the benefit of making a lot of neighbours curtains twitch in a negative way. 👍
One of my sons made a comment about spending his inheritance on my hobby (canoeing). so I bought another canoe. :lol:
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Beards

Post by Beards »

old man wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 12:39 pm One of my sons made a comment about spending his inheritance on my hobby (canoeing). so I bought another canoe. :lol:
😂 A man after my own heart.
EJH

Post by EJH »

61, first new car personally, plenty of company cars over the years. For the last 14 years I've been in the Hyundai family.
2007 Santa Fe 7 seater (12 months old)
2016 Tucson SE Nav (12 months old)
Waiting for 230ps ultimate hybrid + tech pack in Teal & moss grey. Ordered March 22 due September 22.
Soon as I saw the new Tucson via Auto Express & Hyundai TV channel I wanted one. Wife & daughter chose Teal, I quite liked white or Red, but hey ho happy to have their (surprising) approval on a bought & owned car!
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post