Who buys a Tuscon 😀

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Itchycat1

Post by Itchycat1 »

Am i getting old 😁.
Just read a report about who buys a Hyundai Tucson. According to the article these cars are primarily purchased by 55% woman 45% men and the average age of the owner is 57.
Having never previously considered Hyundai or indeed a Tucson i find myself the owner of a Hyundai Tucson aged 57.
These figures i assume are related to previous models and I was wondering due to the contemporary design ,whether the new model is appealing younger buyers.
I have always previously purchased so called elite brands previous cars being bentley,range rovers,Porsche and jaguar so curious to see who else is buying or an I just getting old and have bought an old man's car😁

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

I’m 46 years young 😉, and came to the brand from BMW.
mah006

Post by mah006 »

I am 53 & like you i have drove Mercs & Audi, last couple of years a Kia Xceed First Edition & now a Tucson N Line S. :D
I just like good looking sporty cars with gadgets lol
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
daibill

Post by daibill »

46 and with a growing family, I just needed a bigger car.. Looking at the blandness of anything German, the Tucson just looked right... It's good value and well spec'd. No brainer. The kids also loved it when we went to see it in the dealership. Much more than the Tiguan we also looked at.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

61 (but young at heart with 2nd mid life crisis🤣). Seriously though with grand kids increasing needed a bigger car. Used to SUV types now and felt the Tucson was great vfm compared to others and also was a nice radical change. Also wait time although long is still shorter than others. Aside from that never had a new car so decided to treat myself. Life's to short and all that.....👍😁
Last edited by Southern Lad on Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
ashm

Post by ashm »

Ha, I may be bringing the average age down ;) . I am 41, and the Tuscon is a nice practical family car with good boot space and some good tech for myself, my wife and our 2 kids. I previously had a Tuscon (2019), and it was great, and was drawn to it again when looking for a new car. I've had Range Rover Evoque, several BMW 3 Series, even an Audi TT (before the kids). When I went for the Tuscon, I decided that value for money is better than a more popular car badge.
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022
paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

62 year old Company Car driver doing around 30k a Covid free year, Love driving,love tech and have recently purchased a Caravan...So Electric is not an option
Our CC policy is generous but you are getting less and less for£750 l a month on lease when covering high miles and the tax is £400 + a month on my Volvo S90 R=Design which I adore
Someone said look at Hyundai
I sneered and said 'behave yourself'
I then looked at them
Game Changer :shock: :shock: :shock:
I then had to convince my Large Austrian based managment team to change our CC Policy from European Cars Only*
They listened and at the end of Feb I ordered a Tuscon Ultimate Plug-in 4wd with Tech Pk in Phantom Pearl in line with company policy with
Moss Grey leather which was my choice and I still worry about whether i should have :?: :?: :?: .

*european Volvo built in China :lol:
Howmuchlonger

Post by Howmuchlonger »

I’m 47 years young I’m previously had Mercs & BMW but the Tucson spoke to me said buy me. I collect my Tucson next week or week after it’s at tilbury docks as I write this reply
roadster

Post by roadster »

I'm definitely an old man, can't deny it. But I like to try new technology because my working background was in auto engineering and then computing. The Tucson was the only plug-in hybrid i could afford which was actually available. So I made a snap decision and accepted a generous offer which made sense with approaching high inflation and shortages. Previous cars included an LR Discovery Sport and a RAV4 Hybrid and so far the Hyundai easily betters the Landrover and stands up well against the Rav4 in most respects.
Tucson PHEV Premium
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Sorry I’m in my late sixties so will put the average age up! Have enjoyed many cars over the years - mainly Audi, BMW and lately Skoda. Have moved from diesel to petrol and the Tucson is my first hybrid (HEV). Chose the 230 Ultimate. Looked at the Toyota hybrids and the KIA Sportage . Like the tech, comfort and large boot capacity of the Tucson. Only concern on the test drive was the ride which I thought was on the firm side and a little choppy but maybe the 19 inch tyres were over inflated. Picking up car in next week or so - have found this forum very helpful in all sorts of areas and am grateful to everyone who is sharing their experiences. I know where to come if I need some help/advice.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post