My first two weeks with my Tucson.

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Philr

Post by Philr »

joolstdi wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:49 pm They are trying to fight it but it looks like it’s going through. The same as a new law has come in about charging cars at home not the 3 pin granny charger but the 7kw home chargers if you buy from the 1st of July they have a feature that will not charge at peek times to try and take less of a load on the grid. I’m lucky my Hypervolt I bought back in February does not have it but if I want to I can contact Hypervolt to force a software update to make it happen which I’m not going to.
Sounds like a good reason NOT to buy an all electric vehicle as it is crazy. What about night shift workers who have to charge their electric vehicle during the day? It doesn't make sense to me.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I think that it would be 8am to 9;30 and then again 4;30 pm to 6;30 that's where there is a high demand for power from the grid
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Philr

Post by Philr »

Just looked it up it is 8-11am and 4-10pm on weekdays for home and work charge points - although not public charge points. But it seems a user can override these???

Got this info from here :-

https://insights.leaseplan.co.uk/electr ... rging-faq/

Sounds like the usual shambolic implementation. You know - net zero (whatever that means) carbon emissions by the year 20 something-or-other so we'll push electric vehicles.
Oh! hang on we haven't got enough electrickery generating capacity so let's restrict it. You really couldn't make this up.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
madowl

Post by madowl »

Intelligent speed limit assist is not mandatory so can be selected/deselected in setup.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Yes you are correct on our cars but from the 6th of July new cars will not be able to turn it off,
It’s a part of a European safety rule, hopefully we can get out of it as we are out of Europe
We will find out in 2 days.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
madowl

Post by madowl »

You can override the system by pressing hard on the accelerator, but the system will reactivate every time the car is started. The system doesn't prevent you from exceeding the speed limits.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post