Rear offside door doesn't drain

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:14 pm It appares to be just pooling on the paintwork. I'll check the carpets later.

Did you get to the bottom of this ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

12th May it goes in. But the last wash I gave it was OK - no pooling. So maybe it's sorted itself.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

So it started pooling again. Must delend on the wind direction!

It went in today. Apparently another one one in yesterday for the same reason. The technicians don't know what's wrong but they inspected everything and send the report to Hyundai. I Also sent them the video I'd made and they saw it for real as it rained yesterday and I'd not opened the rear door since then.

We'll wait and see.

Alan
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

I’ve noticed that water has started to collect at the bottom of the offside rear door. Non has got inside the car (yet), and opening the door clears/release it.

@alan sh; did yours ever get sorted?
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

No - a report has gone to Hyundai. Mine was the second one the dealer had seen in 2 days.

Alan
Alan

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Could you post the video here, so I can see if it’s the same issue?
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I've got the same issue on my 2021 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid. Not a priority at the moment, but come first service I would like it sorted as it does seem to hold/trap quite a bit if water. I just have to remember to open the rear drivers side door to release. If anyone gets a resolution please let me know.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Can you report it to your dealer and ask that he passes this on to Hyundai. It sounds like there's a design fault somewhere with so many having the same issue.
Alan

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Sure Alan. I guess the more people that report it the quicker 'perhaps' we will get it resolved.
Aelking

Post by Aelking »

I have just seen this happen on my tucson hybrid ultimate. Covered my shoes. Very annoying.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post