Rear offside door doesn't drain

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
peterab

Post by peterab »

Alan - I have had my Ultimate hybrid for 5 weeks now. Found the same problem after heavy overnight rain. Had it into the dealers last week. Not much help, they contacted Hyundai who acknowledged that they had seen the problem before but, as yet, had no solution. All the dealership said was that I should just keep an eye on it and to go back if the rain started going on to the flooring of the car. Not very satisfactory so I have also reported the problem to Hyundai UK……..not had any response.

99C2B719-14E3-4935-9589-6337B8B18004.jpeg

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Thanks - another statistic to add to the collection.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

This happens to both rear doors on my car. Are people on this thread experiencing the same?

*I’m suspecting the door rubbers are either too thick, meaning they’re too tight, or the drain holes are in the wrong place.
mah006

Post by mah006 »

After 6 hours of rain here in Wales i tested my N Line S rear doors this morning & no problems at all but on opening the boot it was like a waterfall
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
old man

Post by old man »

Whilst I don't get trapped water from the doors, water does hang around the rear hatch area after rain or washing.
It's purely a design flaw and I alleviate it by only opening the hatch about halfway to begin with to let water run away easily before fully opening.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

The only water I've noticed pooling is inside the EV charging flap? Definitely not had the door not draining, and whilst I may get a small amount of water drop from the boot door when opening it tends to drop on me not inside the car.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I had a look at the lower part of the door and pulled the seal out of the bottom of the door and then pushed back-in not expecting any success. Going to monitor it obviously, but in the recent rainy spell no trapped water, it consistently trapped prior to repositioning. the seal
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

IngerzSH wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:11 pm I had a look at the lower part of the door and pulled the seal out of the bottom of the door and then pushed back-in not expecting any success. Going to monitor it obviously, but in the recent rainy spell no trapped water, it consistently trapped prior to repositioning. the seal
Interesting. Think I’ll give that a go, as it’s raining pretty hard today!

Did it fix back in easily?
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I pulled the seal down until the plastic holding pins became fully visible but didn't actually pull them fully clear of the door. A load of water came out when I did this which was a little unexpected. I then pushed back gently. Can't really figure out how its fixed the issue but It rained overnight and no water, so in my case it's looking favourable.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Thanks - I'll try that tomorrow.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post