First clean

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
daibill

Post by daibill »

old man wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:43 pm
daibill wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:52 pm I lover Gyeon products and they have this in their product line-up. Use once a month after a wash and that will give you good results.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-ceramic-detailer

However for a few more of your sheckles there is this

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2 ... -evo-200ml

Loads of people rave about this and it's a spray on ceramic coating designed for about 10 - 12 months duration that just wipes on and off..
Can also be used on plastics and wheels..

Then there is also ceramic infused shampoo's etc...... You will be happy with either of these..
That's great and just the type of thing I had in mind. Also, Gyeon has been mentioned in this thread already.
I'm going to buy one of those - the more expensive one I think. Unfortunately Amazon don't seem to stock it, so I can't get it the next day. I'm going away shortly, so I won't be able to get this in time to use it before I go.
In the interim, I have some Sonax Xtreme in the garage, have you used that and if so, will it do what I need it to on a black car ? I'd be happy to give the car a coating of that before I go if it will work and then use the Gyeon when I return home.
As with any ceramic You will need to do a clay and wipe before cancoat is applied as it needs to go directly to the clearcoat to be effective. It cannot go over any wax or other product that may be on there as it just will not stick. Gyeon prep is good just before cancoat goes on.

The sonax is a quick detailer but if you go the can coat route you will need to bin it and use a ceramic detailer instead.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)

old man

Post by old man »

daibill wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:34 pm
old man wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:43 pm
daibill wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:52 pm I lover Gyeon products and they have this in their product line-up. Use once a month after a wash and that will give you good results.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-ceramic-detailer

However for a few more of your sheckles there is this

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gyeon-q2 ... -evo-200ml

Loads of people rave about this and it's a spray on ceramic coating designed for about 10 - 12 months duration that just wipes on and off..
Can also be used on plastics and wheels..

Then there is also ceramic infused shampoo's etc...... You will be happy with either of these..
That's great and just the type of thing I had in mind. Also, Gyeon has been mentioned in this thread already.
I'm going to buy one of those - the more expensive one I think. Unfortunately Amazon don't seem to stock it, so I can't get it the next day. I'm going away shortly, so I won't be able to get this in time to use it before I go.
In the interim, I have some Sonax Xtreme in the garage, have you used that and if so, will it do what I need it to on a black car ? I'd be happy to give the car a coating of that before I go if it will work and then use the Gyeon when I return home.
As with any ceramic You will need to do a clay and wipe before cancoat is applied as it needs to go directly to the clearcoat to be effective. It cannot go over any wax or other product that may be on there as it just will not stick. Gyeon prep is good just before cancoat goes on.

The sonax is a quick detailer but if you go the can coat route you will need to bin it and use a ceramic detailer instead.

Thankyou :D
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
old man

Post by old man »

NoTwOld wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:00 pm If you want a simple wax that sheds water "Turtle Wax" "Wax it Wet" wash the car and spray a panel at a time whilst still wet and wipe it over with a micro fibre cloth as it drys it leaves a shine I use it all the time on my wife's car, if you want to use a bit of elbow grease try Bilt Hamber Double Speed wax I use that on my Tucson
How do both of these products fare with showing water marks the next time you wash the car and what colours are your cars ? Water marks show up really badly on my black car, but are barely noticeable on my wifes silver car.
I see the Bilt Hamber gets good reviews on Amazon.
Keith1956

Post by Keith1956 »

Doesn't show watermarks I use every 2nd wash so easy to use I spray on cloth first then wipe with new cloth, takes about 15/20 minutes
old man

Post by old man »

Keith1956 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 9:37 am Doesn't show watermarks I use every 2nd wash so easy to use I spray on cloth first then wipe with new cloth, takes about 15/20 minutes
Thankyou :D
raf186

Post by raf186 »

Do not clay bar if you not gonna polish your car. Instead of that: Pre-wash, rinse, contact wash, rinse, dry, chemical decontamination: tar&glue remover,rinse, dry, fallout remover, rinse, dry, panel prep and then you can apply paint protection (shaded place, minimum 10°C, not windy day).
I would recommend carpro lite+reload or new Synergy 2 ceramic coating from Infinity Wax
old man

Post by old man »

I did notice the black plastic around the wheels is very hard to clean. It has white streaks on it. Lots of elbow grease required
I'm still researching what as a polish and I cam across this

which I find quite appealing. However, when I read the blurb I thought of the comment you made above about your plastic bits and I wonder if it will do a good job on plastic as it's claimed it can be used on any surface.
I don't have those horrible plastic bits thankfully, but if I did, this is the product I'd be buying to coat the whole car. You may consider it's too much to pay just to coat your plastic though..
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Both mine and my wife's cars are silver, I wash both cars with a PH natural car wash and not in full sun, some other car washes have salt in them this can lead to water marks.
The beading on the Bilt Hamber is really good and the wax it wet is just so simple to do, I tell the wife this but she says "not in my pay grade"
I must admit I do not get either product on any black/grey plastic, just wash with shampoo.
old man

Post by old man »

I thought I'd revive this thread to tell what I ended up with.
I almost went for the Bilt Hamber polish, but I was swayed by the claims made for this

It's not a polish, but a protectorant and as my car was just a few weeks old and had a really nice sheen to it already, that's all I wanted. It was claimed to go on a wet of dry car, even in sun and no special pre prep is required. They also claim it's long lasting, which was one of my main requirements.
It was a hot morning when I applied it - not ideal, but I had no choice as I was off on holiday the next day. I washed the car and decided to dry it afterwards to prevent watermarks before applying. I also thought that applying it to a dry car would have a better effect than letting it dilute on a wet car.
Application probably wasn't as easy on a hot dry car as a wet one, but it wasn't hard to do. I'd read that this product will not produce a brilliantly shiny finish as a good polish will, the idea is to protect what you already have and that's what I found it does.
I applied it 8 weeks ago to every outside surface of the car except the windscreen and it's still beading the water off well, as it should be if the long lasting claims are to be believed .e.g a year.
The good thing is, if the effectiveness begins to fade sooner, I'd just give the car another coat as it was easy to do and I'd try it on a wet car on a cooler day next time.
My only small criticism is that after application, if you wash your car on a sunny day, watermarks will still appear, so I make sure I quickly dry the car with a microfibre cloth.

I like this product as it would appear to be fulfilling the brief I had in my head. I have to wait to see how long it remains effective.