May 2022 Update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Mar10 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:58 pm I don't think it is related to the battery, or at least not to do with how long it's been left.

The last two times it's done the reset thing to me it hasn't been left for more that 1 hour. One of those times it was after a run around town. The other time was after a 40 minute drive, popped into a shop, came back out and it had reset.

I can't find any consistency related to when it happens although it has always been when a phone has been plugged in and using CarPlay.
Interesting. I always plug my phone in before starting the car. I'll change my routine and see what happens.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

roadster

Post by roadster »

Taking the broad picture from all of the above it doesn't seem to be an issue with low voltage on the twelve volt system,. Although it could be a "dirty" supply with the occasional spike or drop out which upsets the electronics. I don't think my experience with the PHEV necessarily has the same cause. Note that if the lithium 12 volt supply on the hybrid drops to critical level it is switched off and the recovery switch is used to temporarily connect it so that the main on-off switch will operate within a twenty second window. It may be possible that if this process is triggered falsely the system will be reset but that is just one of many scenarios.
Tucson PHEV Premium
old man

Post by old man »

If someone is collating all this info; My car doesn't get over used and often sits on the drive for days. However, in the cause of research when questions are asked on this forum, I do go and open the car, switch on the ignition and fiddle with certain functions. Whilst doing this a few days ago, a low battery warning flashed up on screen, so I quickly turned off the ignition and locked the car.
I didn't think of it at the time, but I've had a couple of these warnings before on the Tucson, but on reflection this one seemed more critical than those previous - maybe my imagination.
It's not uncommon to see these warnings, I used to get them quite often on my previous Skoda in the first year of Covid, so they don't alarm me any more.

Anyway after the last warning, the next time I used the car a couple of days later, several parameters had changed inc air con being off and reset to 22 degrees and the digital speed I have set in the centre of the dash had reverted to default.
The most telling thing though and I've never seen this before, was that the time on the info screen had completely disappeared and in it's place was just a few dashes.. To get the time back I just pressed GPS time in settings and it reappeared.

This is the sort of thing that happens in the house during a power cut and electric clocks revert to a series of dashes or zeros and would seem to fit in with the low battery theory that is being discussed.
I was tempted to install the latest update, but it would seem pretty pointless if it hasn't addressed these issues.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I can say that the latest update hasn't cured this issue.

Thank you for another data point in the struggles to find a reason for this behaviour.
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
terryp

Post by terryp »

Like a number of other contributors, I'm getting a bit peeved with this reset problem. Less than a week ago i made a 120 mile round trip and have made a series of short trips daily since. So the theory about the battery is dubious. What will happen when the Winter arrives?
This morning, yet again, the reset problem had occurred nullifying the central info on the cluster and switching off the air con. I forgot to check the clock.
A visit to the dealer may start the ball rolling and if, as I anticipate, that produces nothing, then I will contact Hyundai Technical Department.
It's pity as this is such a good car in every other respect.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

A visit to the dealer may start the ball rolling and if, as I anticipate, that produces nothing, then I will contact Hyundai Technical Department.
If you do get any traction with the Technical team, I think we would all love to know what they say…

Yes, these small issues do take the shine off, an otherwise good car!
rasw

Post by rasw »

Hi. I am getting the issue with the lower air/temperature control panel not turning back on every time when starting the car. It seems to happen randomly and I had thought that it could be a 12 V battery low charge issue.

This seems to be the same as "old man" has seen.

At the moment I am not commuting so the car is only doing short trips, and probably not keeping the 12V battery charged enough to keep the heating/air con system powering on every time. I don't mind if this is the case, but it would be nice to find out if this does relate to the 12V battery's low voltage. I have always been able to unlock the doors and start the car with the electronic key

My car is a Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid
daibill

Post by daibill »

None of this happens in my non-hybrid.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

daibill wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 11:17 am None of this happens in my non-hybrid.
No, I think it's a Hybrid-only issue. I don't think it happens in the PHEV either

Alan
Alan

terryp

Post by terryp »

Went in to the Dealer this morning and when I told them about this, they looked at me as though I had just arrived from Mars!
Never heard it. Never been reported.
So the car is booked in for a check with the "Diagnostics Technician" at the end of the month.
I'll report back with his findings, or lack of, and if necessary move the matter upward.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post