May 2022 Update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
whitecm1

Post by whitecm1 »

How long does it take to update from when you plug in the USB stick and press go until you can drive the car? (sorry if silly question - this is the first time I will have updated having only picked up car on Monday!)

WMiller

Post by WMiller »

richarde wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:40 pm
richarde wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:31 pm I’ve just installed this, other than some voice assistant updates for the maps, I haven’t yet found anything new!

Hopefully others here can prove me wrong…
I did hear that Android Auto would be full screen, but as an iPhone user that does not apply to me.
I do hope wireless Android Auto is due to be included. On a car in this price range, it's disappointing not to have it. My Dad has just bought a new Dacia, and wireless Android Auto is included as standard.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

whitecm1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:40 pm How long does it take to update from when you plug in the USB stick and press go until you can drive the car? (sorry if silly question - this is the first time I will have updated having only picked up car on Monday!)
Update took approx 30 mins for me.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

richarde wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:00 pm
whitecm1 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:40 pm How long does it take to update from when you plug in the USB stick and press go until you can drive the car? (sorry if silly question - this is the first time I will have updated having only picked up car on Monday!)
Update took approx 30 mins for me.
Mines just finished and it took about 50 minutes to update the system.
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

richarde wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:40 pm
richarde wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:31 pm I’ve just installed this, other than some voice assistant updates for the maps, I haven’t yet found anything new!

Hopefully others here can prove me wrong…
I did hear that Android Auto would be full screen, but as an iPhone user that does not apply to me.
You heard right. The layout of Android Auto has changed for me.
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

Did you keep the engine running while updating, or was using Accessory mode sufficient?
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

When I did it, it worked in accessory mode although it told me to keep the engine running. I even locked th doors and went inside for 30 mins and it carried on updating.

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

I’ve just finished update, took 45 minutes to complete both updates, biggest change so far android auto layout, see photo.

36DA38B9-0DA2-436D-842E-419BAB4596E1.jpeg

Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

Update went differently this time round, last time it took well over an hour and update asked for engine to be left on, this time started with engine on, once files had been validated system asked for ignition to be turned off, once it had completed installation system shut down.

Tucson Ultimate Hybrid : Engine Red.
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Hi guys were do you go to get these updates not got a lap top only tablet cheers for advice dark teal ultimate hybrid with tech pack 10 days old oh and a orange trike lol

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post