May 2022 Update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Pogleswood

Post by Pogleswood »

The software updater from Hyundai only runs on either windows or Mac, part of the software upgrade requires the formatting of a usb pen drive, 32gb or larger, this is then plugged into the usb socket for the update.

mah006

Post by mah006 »

Tenbytriker wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:18 pm Hi guys were do you go to get these updates not got a lap top only tablet cheers for advice dark teal ultimate hybrid with tech pack 10 days old oh and a orange trike lol
https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/update ... w/623/pop2
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

Cheers buddy will give it a go
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

So, I’ve trawled through the menus and other than the slightest of cosmetic tweaks, I don’t see anything new, so maybe just fixes.

I guess the size of the download is mostly the maps.

Has anyone here found anything useful?
adicristea

Post by adicristea »

richarde wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:03 am So, I’ve trawled through the menus and other than the slightest of cosmetic tweaks, I don’t see anything new, so maybe just fixes.

I guess the size of the download is mostly the maps.

Has anyone here found anything useful?
Just the fact that, if you disable split screen for android (when phone is not plugged in), you get the map on the right now and any media content from android on the left, taking up the whole screen. Can't make the map show on the whole 10" though, so not very impressed.
The other thing is with the car's nav system you can choose between fastest, shortest, and only motorway paths. Again, not impressed :).
adicristea

Post by adicristea »

Update: is too much of a coincidence to not be from the update, but now Android Auto just disconnects after a minute or two, wish I didn't do the update now :-(
Deleted User 487

adicristea wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:25 pm Update: is too much of a coincidence to not be from the update, but now Android Auto just disconnects after a minute or two, wish I didn't do the update now :-(
I’ve read AA 7.8 has just dropped, so if your device is eligible, maybe worth an upgrade. Or upgrade to the latest version and OS your phone supports.
madowl

Post by madowl »

When I go to the updater it is only showing the 30 may update. Do I need to uninstall the downloader and re-install it first?
Deleted User 487

You should. I was advised to update the updater (as I questioned that), which I did. However the June update still carries the May label...

It’s almost good..
ashm

Post by ashm »

Just updated thanks to this thread. :) My update took around 30-40 mins, but this will depend on the speed of your USB stick I believe.

I have the new Android auto layout too now. But not sure if it was mentioned yet or not. In order to get it, you need to uncheck the "enable split screen" on the Android Auto settings of the head unit software (if you previously enabled it).
Ordered: Ultimate Hybrid Shimmering Silver
Order date: 30th December 2021 (Dealer had on order since late October)
Original estimated pick-up date: 21st March 2022
Picked-up: 4th April 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post