May 2022 Update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Settings as per image. These are in bluelink app, may be others in car.

Screenshot_20220806-203839_Bluelink.jpg

Screenshot_20220806-203854_Bluelink.jpg

Troy Tempest

Post by Troy Tempest »

I have 2018 Tucson with Standard Gen5 just updated to 220421 latest for mine. The unit no longer supports postcode search, I really can't understand why such a significant feature is no longer available. According to the update support team this was dropped in this release. From what I understand the Royal Mail own the postcode database and they licence it for others to use. In addition I have noticed that not all street names are announced, there used to be a checkbox to turn this on however this seems to be no longer available
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I did a postcode search today. It worked fine. I have the latest (June) update.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Troy Tempest

Post by Troy Tempest »

Thanks for your reply

I guess your Tucson is 2020 - with NX4e.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220623, whereas mine TLE18MY.EUR.SOP.V126.220421.STD_M

I cant seem to paste image of the update website https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/update ... w/623/pop2

It would seem odd that some have postcode search as some do not.

2022-08-07_16h14_14.png

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Yes, mine is the NX4e one. I don't know why you've lost postcode search. It seems strange to me. Are you sure you've lost it and they haven't just done it a different way? For me, I do it via the search, put in the post code - with a space after the 4th character - and it finds it.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Troy Tempest

Post by Troy Tempest »

Yes alan.sh you are right it's not very intuitive the search bar prompts for Keywords Address / Country / POI if you start entering a postcode it starts to match some items but not postcodes however you can enter the full postcode and then enter and it then looks up and finds the postcode. I found also you don't need to enter spaces.

Prior to posting on this forum sever agents at "https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/csCenter" assured me that postcodes had been removed at this update and the only way was to enter street followed by town / city and then country.

I have found a few other quirks with ref to favourites and street / road names where the announcements are few and far between.

Thanks
old man

Post by old man »

Just a brief update on the continuing saga of changing settings.
Nothing much to report really, Car went in yesterday and they kept it overnight. The technician who I asked to speak to when I dropped the car off and the front of house team claim to have never seen this problem before. When I picked the car up today, I was told that they'd contacted Hyundai about this problem and asked what they should do. The service desk told me that Hyundai claim they have no knowledge of this problem. Well they're either lying through their teeth or different departments within Hyundai are not communicating with each other !!

Anyway, the technician interrogated the car and no faults were found. They installed they latest June software update and they also rebooted the ECU as advised by Hyundai technical.
The settings they installed mimicked the ones I told them I use and they were still in place today, which really doesn't tell us anything yet.
So it's currently a suck it and see situation and I hold out no hope that the problem is cured. I will report back whichever way it goes.

The good thing is that they installed the latest software update, which saved me the trouble.

P.S. Forgot to mention; The technician told me that the 12V battery in the HEV only holds a small charge, although it is very quick to charge up when needed. Without actually saying the words, he sort of nodded his head toward the fact that the battery probably doesn't hold enough charge to keep all systems ticking over when the car is not in use and that could be why (as has been speculated about on here) systems switch off and/or revert to default when the battery gets too low. If anybody within Hyundai knows why this is happening and how it picks which parameters to change or shut down, then they're staying very tight lipped about it.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
terryp

Post by terryp »

old man wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 am The service desk told me that Hyundai claim they have no knowledge of this problem. Well they're either lying through their teeth or different departments within Hyundai are not communicating with each other !!

I emailed Hyundai Customer Service on 8th August with great detail regarding the reset problem and told them the outcome of my visit to my local dealer.
So far, I have not received even an acknowledgement, let alone a response.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
terryp

Post by terryp »

old man wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 am The service desk told me that Hyundai claim they have no knowledge of this problem. Well they're either lying through their teeth or different departments within Hyundai are not communicating with each other !!

I emailed Hyundai Customer Service on 8th August giving great detail on the reset problem. So far, I have not received an acknowledgement, let alone a response.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
old man

Post by old man »

terryp wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:38 pm

I emailed Hyundai Customer Service on 8th August giving great detail on the reset problem. So far, I have not received an acknowledgement, let alone a response.
I was wondering if you'd had any result yet.
The proclaimed lack of knowledge and lack of response to you certainly doesn't fill me with hope.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post