May 2022 Update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I had another reset today. Reversed the car out of the garage and put it in “P” and applied the electronic brake while on the drive. Got out of the car to shut the garage door but did not press the engine stop button. May have left the driver’s door open for a short while. Got back in the car, pressed the start button and most if not all the settings I use had gone - no automatic air, no air con, temp at 22 instead of 20, blank screen, no digital mph

terryp

Post by terryp »

Irritating, isn't it?
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
old man

Post by old man »

Wychwood wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:35 pm I had another reset today. Reversed the car out of the garage and put it in “P” and applied the electronic brake while on the drive. Got out of the car to shut the garage door but did not press the engine stop button. May have left the driver’s door open for a short while. Got back in the car, pressed the start button and most if not all the settings I use had gone - no automatic air, no air con, temp at 22 instead of 20, blank screen, no digital mph
Which model do you have ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
terryp

Post by terryp »

So today I took my car to the dealer so that they could look for the cause of the reset problem. I had some luck in that when I started the car for the short journey it had (yet again) reset. Just for once I was pleased to see it and left all the controls and Climate Control as they were.
I waited while they carried out their diagnostics and after about 2 hours I was told
a) I had the latest software. No surprise as I had downloaded it a couple of weeks ago
b) they had carried out a "hard reset". (I'd be grateful if someone could explain what that means to me)

I was told that if it happened again to video it or take photos so that they could send them on to Hyundai Technical. This did not fill me with confidence.
While I intend to take photos of any reoccurrence, I will bypass the dealer and contact Hyundai directly. At least I will be in the loop regarding the problem and, hopefully, the remedy.

Can I suggest that everyone with this problem approach their dealer as there is strength in numbers and we are all more likely to move it along more quickly if Hyundai realise that this is a generic problem.
XADE

Post by XADE »

terryp wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:38 pm So today I took my car to the dealer so that they could look for the cause of the reset problem. I had some luck in that when I started the car for the short journey it had (yet again) reset. Just for once I was pleased to see it and left all the controls and Climate Control as they were.
I waited while they carried out their diagnostics and after about 2 hours I was told
a) I had the latest software. No surprise as I had downloaded it a couple of weeks ago
b) they had carried out a "hard reset". (I'd be grateful if someone could explain what that means to me)

I was told that if it happened again to video it or take photos so that they could send them on to Hyundai Technical. This did not fill me with confidence.
While I intend to take photos of any reoccurrence, I will bypass the dealer and contact Hyundai directly. At least I will be in the loop regarding the problem and, hopefully, the remedy.

Can I suggest that everyone with this problem approach their dealer as there is strength in numbers and we are all more likely to move it along more quickly if Hyundai realise that this is a generic problem.
I work as a software developer, and a hard reset (much like a process for a mobile phone...) is just to power off the system completely, maybe via software they have at hand to use on their car line-up. Although you didn't mention you had lost any other settings, it seems to suggest this is what they will have done. It would not fill me with confidence either. Unless, they actually MEANT a factory reset, which WOULD have resulted in all settings being lost.

I have not had this problem, but I am quite interested in the hope people get it resolved. Will follow with interest as I could run into it eventually.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

XADE wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:13 pm
terryp wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:38 pm So today I took my car to the dealer so that they could look for the cause of the reset problem. I had some luck in that when I started the car for the short journey it had (yet again) reset. Just for once I was pleased to see it and left all the controls and Climate Control as they were.

I work as a software developer, and a hard reset (much like a process for a mobile phone...) is just to power off the system completely, maybe via software they have at hand to use on their car line-up. Although you didn't mention you had lost any other settings, it seems to suggest this is what they will have done. It would not fill me with confidence either. Unless, they actually MEANT a factory reset, which WOULD have resulted in all settings being lost.

I have not had this problem, but I am quite interested in the hope people get it resolved. Will follow with interest as I could run into it eventually.
Could not agree more. The dealer should have taken a copy of the HU logs, as that likely holds the detail as to what is causing the reset. This, and only this, will assist the techs applying a software fix that gracefully deals with this exception. A hard reset is just a power cycle.
terryp

Post by terryp »

XADE wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:13 pm I have not had this problem, but I am quite interested in the hope people get it resolved. Will follow with interest as I could run into it eventually.
XADE, what model do you have? Is it a Hybrid?
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

For “old man” from “Wychwood”
My model is 230 Ultimate HEV
old man

Post by old man »

Wychwood wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:32 am For “old man” from “Wychwood”
My model is 230 Ultimate HEV
Thanks for the reply. I asked because I'm beginning to wonder if theses anomalies are only affecting the HEV and maybe the PHEV models. Maybe it affects the 48V models as well, but it would be interesting to know if it affects the bog standard models that don't have extra battery capacity ?
Can anybody here with a standard model answer that ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I think this has been asked before and it was only the HEV's which are affected.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post