Driving in France - Headlamp beam deflectors

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
whitecm1

Post by whitecm1 »

Hi Everyone,

Has any ventured onto the continent and know if you need headlight beam deflectors? Dealer seemed to say all I need to do was to change the position to 3 from 0 on the adjustment dial and that is enough. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Al94

Post by Al94 »

Read this Hyundai response on another site "When travelling abroad there is no longer any need to adjust the headlamp beam pattern as of days of old. Our cars have to comply with these EC Regulations now in regard to headlamp beam pattern and aim they have an almost completely flat beam pattern.
This means that there is no need to make any adjustment before travelling abroad."
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
whitecm1

Post by whitecm1 »

Thanks for the info - I have also just found this on Page 9-49 of the owners manual

20220706_133928.jpg

so looks like nothing is needed.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

This is the beam from mine.

IMG_20220706_210828.jpg

Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Emilou72

Post by Emilou72 »

We have a 22 plate Tucson Ultimate ( UK spec) and are in France currently. We read these forum posts and the tech info online and thought we wouldn’t need to use headlamp adjusters for driving at night. We were wrong. Flashed by every car that passed by us. We have now put stickers on our (very expensive/ fancy) LED headlamps. You would think there might be a simple switch to alter the direction of the beam but it all looks very complicated in the handbook so we bought stickers instead. Unimpressed.
old man

Post by old man »

Did you lower your beam angle to its lowest setting via the rotator switch to the right of the steering wheel ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Big S

Post by Big S »

old man wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:32 pm Did you lower your beam angle to its lowest setting via the rotator switch to the right of the steering wheel ?
Earlier this year I was driving in Spain and did what old man has just said and was never flashed once.
Twopan

Post by Twopan »

Thanks. I checked with Hyundai customer service and got a very definitive answer that all their cars are EU compliant and do not have an asymmetric beam like in the past I went to France with no deflectors and had no bother when headlights were on. Good tip from @old man however; I shall lower the beam angle when in Belgium later this year.
roadster

Post by roadster »

I am very suspicious about this. My headlamps definitely have an asymmetric dip which would shine directly at any oncoming lane to the left. They also have a steerable element which responds to cornering angle so it is just possible, though unlikely, that they also respond to GPS location.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post