Dash Cam

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
JonathanE

Post by JonathanE »

Hi - New to here, just taken delivery of Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 2WD in Dark Night, fitted exterior styling kit which I think does lift the appearance and break up the lower plastic cladding.
My previous vehicle had a self fitted dash cam, looking to update, Halfords states they are excluding Hybrids and EVs at the moment.
Has anyone had one fitted anywhere please.
Cheers
Jon Elcock

old man

Post by old man »

Yes, I've self installed a Nextbase cam in my Hybrid. I ran the cable behind the trims as usual, which probably took me about 20 mins.
Compared to previous cars I've fitted a dash cam into, I found the trim in the Tucson quite tight and well fitted, but it is doable.
The cam is plugged into the cigar lighter socket between the USB ports as the Nextbase came with a cigar lighter fitting and that's how they recommend it's powered unless you have it hardwired.

Another member here sourced himself a neat wiring kit from the USA which you use to connect into the existing wiring behind a removeable plastic plate by the rear view mirror, proper connectors were included. I'm not sure if they are still available, but had I seen it before I wired mine in, that's what I would have used.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
smithy67

Post by smithy67 »

Hi Jon

I'm still waiting for my car but have ordered one of these, https://dongar.tech/products/hyundaikia ... 1haWwuY29t to fit a dash cam myself once the car arrives. There is a post from a while ago from someone whose fitted this and it seems a simpler way to do it rather than "hard wiring" They've been out of stock for ages but i received an email just last week to say they were available again.

Les
Les

Ultimate 230 HEV sunset red
Ordered 29th January 2022
Collected 14th August 2022
old man

Post by old man »

smithy67 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:14 am Hi Jon

I'm still waiting for my car but have ordered one of these, https://dongar.tech/products/hyundaikia ... 1haWwuY29t to fit a dash cam myself once the car arrives. There is a post from a while ago from someone whose fitted this and it seems a simpler way to do it rather than "hard wiring" They've been out of stock for ages but i received an email just last week to say they were available again.

Les
Yes, that's the one I saw.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

That’s the one that I have fitted to my next base 520 no problems in it working it was a bit of a fiddle to hid the white plug on the left hand side put I got it in. Top tip order yourself a 5 “ usb lead as the leads supplied as way to long.
If these are back in stock I would order them now as these sell very fast. I ordered mine from Amazon USA it took 2 weeks for them to arrive.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
AZ2021

Post by AZ2021 »

The NextBase (another others) fuse piggyback system is really easy to do, in fact I did it today in minutes. You only need to pop one panel off, which is on the right hand side of the dash (when the door is open) and then you have full access to the fuse box too. Then just push the cable up into the rubber trim all the way round - easy.

The piggyback kit is also available at Halfords - https://www.halfords.com/motoring/tools ... ZQEALw_wcB
2022 Tucson Ultimate Hybrid, with tech pack.
PeterR32

Post by PeterR32 »

Not that techniquely minded so had to bite the bullet and get the Dealership to do it for me. Didn't thin it was a bad deal, £409 for NextBase 380GWS front and rear cam with SD card.
TUCSON 1.6 T-GDI 230 N LINE 5DR 2WD Auto
Ordered Mid Feb
Collected Mid June
EJH

Post by EJH »

PeterR32 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:58 am Not that techniquely minded so had to bite the bullet and get the Dealership to do it for me. Didn't thin it was a bad deal, £409 for NextBase 380GWS front and rear cam with SD card.
My dealer (always expensive) wants £479 to fit the Nextbase 380gwx. Nextbase directly bundled it with hardwiring + them installing for £380 ish.
I'll be going direct to Nextbase!
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
zanuck

Post by zanuck »

New here and my first post so please be gentle with an older chap.

I recently bought an almost new Tucson Ultimate Hybrid from my local-ish dealer in Canterbury. In my previous 2 or 3 cars I've had a mini dashcam that I stuck to the front windscreen and plugged into the cigar lighter socket, but it always looked scruffy.
My dealer has an offer on a Nextbase 380GW front only camera for £250 or a front and rear camera for £375 incl fitting and vat.

Does anyone know if this is a current model dashcam? When I've googled on the Nextbase site, it doesn't seem to be mentioned.

If it's not a current model, is there any reason why I shouldn't buy one?
Anyone got any negatives (or positives) about the 380GW
2022 "72" plate Tucson Ultimate T-GDI HEV Auto 1.6 with Tech Pack
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

From the web site:

"The Nextbase 380GW has been developed specifically for commercial vehicles. With 1080p HD recording, Wi-Fi and GPS, it is the ideal Dash Cam for professionals on the roads. It prioritises safety with the inclusion on anti tamper locks and a unique windscreen mounting design."

https://nextbase.co.uk/series-1-dash-ca ... -dash-cam/

I don't think you need one for commercial vehicles.

I've got the 422GW (https://nextbase.co.uk/dash-cams/422gw-dash-cam) and it works well.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post