Sun Roof Alarm

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
terryp

Post by terryp »

Now that our summer has arrived, has anyone found a way of leaving the sun roof open without the pesky alarm going off every few minutes.
I want to leave it on Tilt which doesn't make the car insecure and allows some air to circulate if the car is left in the sun.
I feel as though the car is bossing me around!
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

old man

Post by old man »

Turning off the Advanced Anti Theft feature in Convenience settings seems to work - try it.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Tenbytriker

Post by Tenbytriker »

It works but yes their is a but only once then u have to turn it off every time u leave a window or sunroof open then u can lock it and leave it doh
terryp

Post by terryp »

I think I will just pull the shade across
terryp

Post by terryp »

My apologies for not thanking Old Man and Tenbytriker for their suggestions. I might try turning off the Anti Theft feature but it seems there is no cure without going through the procedure each time you start the car.
I think some of the features on the Tucson have not been properly thought through, The reset problem comes to mind.
old man

Post by old man »

When Tenbytriker asked about leaving windows open recently I tested it on my car. After locking the car with the windows open, it took about a minute (approx, I didn't time it) before the alarm sounded.
In that thread someone else mentioned that the alarm will sound if the sunroof was left open. I took that statement as read and to me it makes sense as the alarm sounding will hopefully prevent us walking away from the car with windows and/or sunroof left open. It's a safety thing and I'd rather my car got hot than got stolen.

However, yesterday after terryp started this thread, I went to my car and opened the sunroof so that is was just tilted a little. I then turned off the Advanced Anti Theft feature, locked the car and waited for quite a bit longer than a minute - no alarm sounded. I then unlocked the car, switched on the ignition and checked to make sure the Advanced Anti Theft feature had reverted to ON, which it had. I then relocked the car, still with the sunroof slightly tilted and waited for the alarm to sound. Again, I waited for quite a while but alarm didn't sound.
I thought this was maybe an anomaly so I've just tried it again. With no alarm features turned off and the sunroof tilted, but not actually open at the front end, no alarm sounds when car is locked, but when sunroof is opened backwards just slightly, alarm will sound when car is locked after a minute or so.
So it would appear that there is a feature which allows the sunroof to be just tilted to allow air in that doesn't trigger the alarm.
It could be considered a good feature if leaving an animal in the car, but conversely the sun blind has to be fully open to allow this, so the interior will get hotter and of course, insects could gain entry which might trigger the interior motion sensors unless you've switched off the Advanced alarm. Better and more simple just to leave alarm features on, lock the car with all glass shut and walk away.

Conversely, if your car is on your own property and you want to leave windows/roof open, then don't lock the car. Make sure the fob is not near the car and also, when the fob has lain dormant for a few minutes, it will go into sleep mode and cannot be read by remote readers. Oiks will still be able to get into the car, but they won't be able to drive it away.

P.S. Individuals should check whether their fob has sleep mode or not as I don't know at what stage in the latest Tucsons life this was introduced. My 2022 N Line S definitely has it.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post