Wiper blades

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
roadster

Post by roadster »

When cars are showroom prepared they often get an unsuitable product on the windscreen which leaves a coating that is quite difficult to shift. On a slightly related note remember to read the manual to find out how to move the wipers to centre screen when turning off so that they can be flipped up without fouling the bonnet. ( from memory you just hit the wiper control within a few seconds of turning off).
Tucson PHEV Premium

Abstract_Biscuit

Post by Abstract_Biscuit »

And my final question is answered " On a slightly related note remember to read the manual to find out how to move the wipers to centre screen when turning off so that they can be flipped up without fouling the bonnet. ( from memory you just hit the wiper control within a few seconds of turning off)."

Could not work out for the life of me, how to lift the blades to clean them.
Tuscon (2022 model) 1.6 TGDi 150ps 6MT in Amazon Grey

Previous
Tuscon (2019 model) 1.6 GDi 6MT in Black
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

My front right wiper blade has become very clunky/noisy and having researched on the forum I see others have had problems. I suspect the rubber has become hard and lost its flexibility following the hard frosts in December. I have had a similar problem with a previous car and just surprised that after only 10 months use I will have to replace them. Don’t think Hyundai will replace them under warranty at the first service in March. Do people still recommend the Bosch ones and are they straightforward to fit?
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Wychwood wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:48 am Do people still recommend the Bosch ones and are they straightforward to fit?
I have had the same problem with ice, when we had that really hard frost I just stated my car as normal and my wiper blades were switch on Auto,
And started to wipe the screen by the time that I was scrambling for the off button the damage was done.

So top tip when frozen before starting car turn wipers to off.

my driver side wiper blade had damage to 4 parts the worse was where my eyesight on the windscreen was (not clear and lines)

And I did a google search for new blades Bosch came up part number 26U but it came with 4 adaptors and was a bit concerned about fitting
but they fitted great with one of the adaptors and are on and I have no issues at all it clears the screen better than the standard Hyundai wiper.
Cost £13 ish from Halfrauds which at time was the cheapest.
I have also bought a pair of Bosch pair (As I thought that the single would have been a waste of time but boy was I wrong) these where on Bosch web site 350S and on amazon they are £22 at the moment cheapest.
And these were the correct OEM fitment Just click in same as the Hyundai ones.

so yes I can recommend the Bosch wiper blades.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Many thanks, joolstdi.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post