Wiper blades

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

How does everyone find the wipers on the Tucson, specifically the front ones? I've noticed mine, particularly the driver's side one, isn't especially effective at clearing the windscreen of stubborn marks. I also find when it raises to the right, it drags a touch as well. I'm wondering if this is just how they are, or if for some reason it already needs new blades?

Polar bear

Post by Polar bear »

Yes I have also noticed this, the car is still under a year old 5k, it could be just cheap rubber, I have had this problem before on a 3 series and found new Bosch aerotwin wipers fixed it, but have not changed the blades on Tucson yet.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Same for me.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
craigfeguson

Post by craigfeguson »

Does anybody know where to get blades from?
Goof

Post by Goof »

I can vouch for the Bosch blades, but not on the Toscon (still waiting for mine)but use on my cars my parents cars and my in-laws cars
I get the from Euro car parts
Ordered Ultimate 230 HEV in Dark Knight -28/03/22
Initial delivery estimate 31st Aug 2022
Update (26th May) delivery to dealer on 5th August
Update(9th Jul) delivery to dealer 26th Sept :shock:
Will collect 20 sept
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

YepI get the slight dragging as well! Glad to know it's not just me!
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue
old man

Post by old man »

My wipers juddered when I picked up my car, but they soon sorted themselves out and work fine now.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

Glad to see it wasn't just me! I've just fitted some new Bosch Aerotwin ones to mine (also had good results with them on other cars) and from a brief test (obviously without rain on a day like today!) they don't seem to drag in the same way as they swing up and down.

I got them from Euro Car Parts - cost £30 for a pair for the front in a sale which I believe ends today. Just stick your reg into the site to confirm but it seems code AP26U is for the driver's side and AP16U is for the passenger side.

If you get some, adaptor 4 seemed to be the one that fitted.
Polar bear

Post by Polar bear »

That’s a great deal, just ordered some also. Thanks for the info!
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

So I went away at the weekend and was on the motorway. I found with the Bosch blades they don't judder and are quiet when washing the windscreen, but on the right hand side when the driver's side wiper goes up to the right, it leaves some of the water unwiped. It gets blown away towards the driver's window in a second or so but it's like it isn't quite pushing the water away enough.

It only happens at speed. Not sure if it's something on the windscreen that needs cleaning or something, I'll give it a go and see if it makes a difference.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post