Smart Cruise Control

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Philr

Post by Philr »

According to the manual the distance setting is retained even if the engine is restarted - unlike pretty much everything else.
And the indicator on the dashboard would appear to back this up as I usually set it to the shortest distance between cars so Distance 1 or 1 blob on the graph thingey between car outlines.
However I *think* it's telling porkies as it seems to be seeing other vehicles much further in front until I cycle thru all the distances and back to 1 blob.

Anyone else seen this as I've not tried anything terribly scientific to prove/disprove it.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I normally have mine on 2 bars and I hadn't noticed it doing anything odd like that. But I will test it when I go on a long journey.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
EJH

Post by EJH »

alan sh wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:44 pm I normally have mine on 2 bars and I hadn't noticed it doing anything odd like that. But I will test it when I go on a long journey.
Hi alan sh, I've initially set mine on 4, went to change the setting to 2 or 3 but for the life of me can't fathom how to get back to the setting.
Does this have to be done in the move?
Thanks
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Is this what you're looking for? You can set it on the move and it's supposed to remember the last setting.

20221104_095942.jpg

XADE

Post by XADE »

I've always been unsure, is this only on the tech pack? I'd run the Google gauntlet but seems like so many model names across the world it's confusing. I've never noticed it on my car (non-tech pack).
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I don't have tech pack. You use it in combination with the smart cruise feature. If you have a uk ultimate model I would expect you to have it. Here is the full page albeit from the HEV/Phev manual.

20221104_101019.jpg

roadster

Post by roadster »

I think the distance setting can only be made when the cruise control is active. In any case there seems to be a speed dependent element which varies the distance. It would be crazy if the distance was completely fixed. As with most of these driver aids they are far from infallible and although it is useful in many situations it is easily fooled by multi lane traffic and parked vehicles. The most irritating feature is the slowness to resume speed when a hazard clears but I think that is partly because I drive in ECO mode and partly because a real driver anticipates by looking at all the upcoming road circumstances rather than just the nearest vehicle.
Tucson PHEV Premium
EJH

Post by EJH »

It's an age thing! Sat in the car stationary won't help 😒. As you guys sent the images I was scanning 7-77 as well. Simple once you break it down. Move off, cruise control on (SCC) then thumb thru' bottom right steering wheel button (that shows a scale behind a car - doh!) That cycles through set distances 1 - 4.
Thanks all.

20221104_113851.jpg

Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

I had a journey last night, mainly motorway and one thing I noticed was that due to the road conditions I needed to turn cruise on and off several times. Each time I turned it on it automatically turned on the LKA. This may be known to others but was new to me. Thought I was being more forgetful than normal at first.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

LKA?
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post