Replacement windscreen

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Al94

Post by Al94 »

So, this week an oncoming car threw up a stone which hit the windscreen like a gun shot! Big chip with 5 small cracks radiating outwards, low down so not in line of vision. Been on to National Windscreens who my insurers use. Helpful guy who said he would need to check on availability as they have a new model Tucson in the workshop for 2 months awaiting a new rear window! Called me back a few hours later to say they could get one and booked in on the 28th to have it replaced. Has to be done in their main local depot as the ADAS system needs recalibrated https://www.nationalwindscreens.co.uk/a ... ce-systems Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this and any issues - slightly apprehensive!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel »

Not had any experience with my Hyundai but had 2 replacement windscreens fitted by National on my previous car, a Jaguar XF, which needed the calibration done in order for all the camera driven protection systems to perform correctly. They provided a 6 page computer printout showing it had all been done, not that I understood any of it! Didn’t have any problems after and everything seemed to work fine.
2021 TGDi Hybrid 230 Premium
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Dark Angel wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 2:49 pm Not had any experience with my Hyundai but had 2 replacement windscreens fitted by National on my previous car, a Jaguar XF, which needed the calibration done in order for all the camera driven protection systems to perform correctly. They provided a 6 page computer printout showing it had all been done, not that I understood any of it! Didn’t have any problems after and everything seemed to work fine.
Thanks, take some comfort from that!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Al94 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:40 am Helpful guy who said he would need to check on availability as they have a new model Tucson in the workshop for 2 months awaiting a new rear window! Called me back a few hours later to say they could get one and booked in on the 28th to have it replaced.
There is someone on her been waiting a long time for his front screen sorry I forgot your/his Name.
He only had his car a short time and cracked his screen and he was waiting for the screen to reach the dealers, the part was coming over on the boat from Korea.

so you are very lucky for the short time to replace the screen.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post