Jittery Cruise control

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
PeterR32

Post by PeterR32 »

Hi All,

First time posting.

I have a possible issue with my CC, I set it to 70 on the motorway and it gets to 70 no problem, the problem is keeping it there. It most of the time goes to 71 or 1 MPH above what I have set it to and is very jittery when it gets there. You can feel the acceleration and deacceleration in the car even though it is slight. Feels like it's running on Kangaroo juice lol. I will try and upload a video if I can, ok cant upload a mp4.
TUCSON 1.6 T-GDI 230 N LINE 5DR 2WD Auto
Ordered Mid Feb
Collected Mid June

roadster

Post by roadster »

The speed control is a system that relies on feedback so it will always fluctuate about a target because it cannot anticipate changes in road condition, principally slight changes of gradient or headwind. It may also use a more accurate interpretation of road speed whereas the instruments are deliberately set to read high to comply with legislation.

You may have chosen a speed which is also on the cusp of the gearbox's fifth to sixth crossover. I have the same level of speed fluctuation as yourself but as I never have the target speed set at 70 the effect may be less noticeable. I run almost entirely in ECO mode and I do find the gear changes are more often noticed when cruise control is on. You can rest assured that an indicated 71 mph is actually a bit less than 70, in my case about 67-68 according to GPS. I also follow Hyundai's recommendation to use premium grade fuel ( E5 ) but I suspect that is not critical.

If its available on your model try the instrument screen layout that shows engine rpm and see if that makes step changes when it feels jittery.
Tucson PHEV Premium

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post