Lane Follow Assist

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
terryp

Post by terryp »

Is there an easy way to disable this?
Previously, I pressed the button on the right of the steering wheel to disable "Lane Keep Assist" and I could live with that. Now I find the symbol for "Lane Follow Assist" shows up as well and I have to keep pressing the LKA button while they both appear, or one of them appears, or until they both go out.
That takes time and I need to do that before I drive off as it's too distracting to do that while driving.
I'm sure I didn't have that symbol showing a few weeks ago so perhaps there is an easy way to disable it permanently?
Any suggestions gratefully received.
I'm sure Hyundai mean well but they should credit the driver with a little sense.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!

Al94

Post by Al94 »

One press for 3 seconds should turn all of - does for me.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

For the steering wheel icon (lane follow assist), a short press turns it on or off - what you set stays across ignition on/off. For the lane icon (Lane keep assist), a long press (about 5 seconds) turns it off until the ignition is turned off.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
terryp

Post by terryp »

Thanks for the replies. I'll try it the next time I go out in the car.
It seems a pity that there is no way to permanently disable it. The first time it operated I felt as though I was losing control of the car.
Tucson Ultimate Auto 230PS in Dark Teal. Love it!!
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

You get used to turning it off when you set off.
Alan

Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
roadster

Post by roadster »

alan sh wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:19 pm You get used to turning it off when you set off.
I get used to forgetting to turn it off then it tweaks the wheel at some random moment to remind me.
Tucson PHEV Premium
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I tried leaving both turned on the other day when I was on a motorway. With cruise control on, it actually made my driving more relaxed because not only did it warn me when I was drifting across the lane, it moved me back to the middle.

I turned it off anyway as I wanted to be more "in control". But I could see it being useful with a bunch of screaming children in the back (not that I have any of those).

Alan
Alan

Al94

Post by Al94 »

alan sh wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:36 am I tried leaving both turned on the other day when I was on a motorway. With cruise control on, it actually made my driving more relaxed because not only did it warn me when I was drifting across the lane, it moved me back to the middle.

I turned it off anyway as I wanted to be more "in control". But I could see it being useful with a bunch of screaming children in the back (not that I have any of those).

Alan
I agree Alan, for me it has its uses on a long motorway trip - outside that, no thanks!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post