Another 'how to turn off sounds' thread

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
mork23
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:27 am

Post by mork23 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:39 am

Hi All,

I received my Ultimate HEV yesterday and am almost blown away by how well this thing drives. A big improvement over my previous two Tiguans.

Anyway I have spent a couple of hours in the car going through settings, trawling through the online manual and this forum and couldn't find an answer to the following two:

Can I turn off the 'welcome' sound when I get in the car?
Can I turn off the beeps when opening/closing the boot?

Would be great to know where this is done from if they are possible.

Apologies if this has been covered already. Searching the forum brought up a rather large number of results and whilst I did start reading through I couldn't find the answer initially.

Thanks

Mark
Ultimate HEV in Dark Teal

XADE
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by XADE » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:05 pm

Welcome sound is in settings, I cannot remember where but yes (I quite like it but I know I wont in a couple of months!)

I do not think its legal in most countries to be able to disable the tailgate beep unfortunately. I cannot for the life of me think why when it is no different to opening a door..
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

old man
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:34 am
Location: Somerset

Post by old man » Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:54 pm

Not all specs are the same. I haven't investigated turning off the boot opening pings cos I don't find them annoying and I think they're a good thing in this application.
For the welcome bings/bongs, I don't believe they can be turned off, but if you plug in your seal belt before turning on the ignition the car doesn't bing/bong.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid

XADE
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by XADE » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:01 pm

old man wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:54 pm
Not all specs are the same. I haven't investigated turning off the boot opening pings cos I don't find them annoying and I think they're a good thing in this application.
For the welcome bings/bongs, I don't believe they can be turned off, but if you plug in your seal belt before turning on the ignition the car doesn't bing/bong.
I think OP is talking about the welcome tune itself, not the seat belt warning.

I am sure I've seen it, but it may be in the steering wheel display. From another forum on Kona:

Here you go...

1. In the right side of the steering wheel press the settings button.
2. Go to "Cluster"
3. Finally go to "Welcome Sound" and uncheck the box.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

old man
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:34 am
Location: Somerset

Post by old man » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:40 pm

As I was saying, if you plug in your seat belt before turning on the ignition, there are no bings and bongs - try it !
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid

mork23
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:27 am

Post by mork23 » Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:42 pm

XADE wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:01 pm
old man wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:54 pm
Not all specs are the same. I haven't investigated turning off the boot opening pings cos I don't find them annoying and I think they're a good thing in this application.
For the welcome bings/bongs, I don't believe they can be turned off, but if you plug in your seal belt before turning on the ignition the car doesn't bing/bong.
I think OP is talking about the welcome tune itself, not the seat belt warning.

I am sure I've seen it, but it may be in the steering wheel display. From another forum on Kona:

Here you go...

1. In the right side of the steering wheel press the settings button.
2. Go to "Cluster"
3. Finally go to "Welcome Sound" and uncheck the box.
Thanks - exactly this I was after. Didn't scroll down!

Also, having done this without starting the 'engine'. I then received beeps when getting out the vehicle which only stop after I closed the door. I'm aware of the need for seatbelt first when getting in - is this valid in reverse? i.e. switch 'engine' off first and then unplug seatbelt?

I wish the online manual had a search function. At least physical copies had an index at the rear...
Ultimate HEV in Dark Teal

XADE
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by XADE » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:32 pm

old man wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:40 pm
As I was saying, if you plug in your seat belt before turning on the ignition, there are no bings and bongs - try it !
No, there's a welcome bong you can turn off as well. This is completely separate from the seatbelt, as you may not be turning on the ignition.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

old man
Posts: 364
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:34 am
Location: Somerset

Post by old man » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:49 am

XADE wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:32 pm
old man wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:40 pm
As I was saying, if you plug in your seat belt before turning on the ignition, there are no bings and bongs - try it !
No, there's a welcome bong you can turn off as well. This is completely separate from the seatbelt, as you may not be turning on the ignition.
Even with the Welcome chime ticked (enabled) in settings, if the seat belt is plugged in before turning on the ignition, then no chimes sound for anything. However, when exiting the vehicle after switching off ignition there are some chimes and these can be disabled by unticking the Welcome chime box.
as you may not be turning on the ignition


There are no chimes if you don't turn on the ignition, not in my car anyway.
I cannot for the life of me think why when it is no different to opening a door..
Because the hatch door is coming from above and isn't as easily seen closing as a door would be, especially for a child,or anyone leaning into the boot. In theory the hatch will stop closing if it touches an object e.g. a human, but as systems can fail Hyundai are covering themselves by fitting an audible warning.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid

XADE
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by XADE » Sat Jul 30, 2022 3:22 pm

old man wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:49 am
XADE wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:32 pm
old man wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:40 pm
As I was saying, if you plug in your seat belt before turning on the ignition, there are no bings and bongs - try it !
No, there's a welcome bong you can turn off as well. This is completely separate from the seatbelt, as you may not be turning on the ignition.
Even with the Welcome chime ticked (enabled) in settings, if the seat belt is plugged in before turning on the ignition, then no chimes sound for anything. However, when exiting the vehicle after switching off ignition there are some chimes and these can be disabled by unticking the Welcome chime box.
as you may not be turning on the ignition


There are no chimes if you don't turn on the ignition, not in my car anyway.
I cannot for the life of me think why when it is no different to opening a door..
Because the hatch door is coming from above and isn't as easily seen closing as a door would be, especially for a child,or anyone leaning into the boot. In theory the hatch will stop closing if it touches an object e.g. a human, but as systems can fail Hyundai are covering themselves by fitting an audible warning.
That's fine, but OP wants to turn those off regardless of the configuration they're entering the car. I quite like it.

As for the tailgate, common sense would say the amount of times you are using the tailgate near someone, in a car park or home, would be incredibly minimal. I think some people perhaps do not have that common sense though, so it makes sense.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

mork23
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:27 am

Post by mork23 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:24 am

old man wrote:
Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:49 am
XADE wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:32 pm
old man wrote:
Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:40 pm
As I was saying, if you plug in your seat belt before turning on the ignition, there are no bings and bongs - try it !
No, there's a welcome bong you can turn off as well. This is completely separate from the seatbelt, as you may not be turning on the ignition.
Even with the Welcome chime ticked (enabled) in settings, if the seat belt is plugged in before turning on the ignition, then no chimes sound for anything. However, when exiting the vehicle after switching off ignition there are some chimes and these can be disabled by unticking the Welcome chime box.
as you may not be turning on the ignition


There are no chimes if you don't turn on the ignition, not in my car anyway.
I cannot for the life of me think why when it is no different to opening a door..
Because the hatch door is coming from above and isn't as easily seen closing as a door would be, especially for a child,or anyone leaning into the boot. In theory the hatch will stop closing if it touches an object e.g. a human, but as systems can fail Hyundai are covering themselves by fitting an audible warning.

Thanks but having disabled this I still get a load of bongs getting in the car and out again. Maybe my unit is resetting like others have reported? I'll try to double check this today.
Ultimate HEV in Dark Teal

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post