Another 'how to turn off sounds' thread

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
User avatar
alan sh
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by alan sh » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:49 am

Resetting doesn't (for me) change the chimes.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

mork23
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:27 am

Post by mork23 » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:04 am

Should've said resetting and reapplying the changes. I take it you have them all then even with the welcome sound turned off?
Ultimate HEV in Dark Teal

User avatar
alan sh
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by alan sh » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:30 pm

mork23 wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:04 am
Should've said resetting and reapplying the changes. I take it you have them all then even with the welcome sound turned off?
I get a bong when starting if I don't have my seat belt on. That's all. I've turned the welcome sounds off.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

richarde
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:37 am

Post by richarde » Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm

As far as I know, until the drivers seat belt is engaged, the bong sounds. I not found a setting that turns this off.

Weirdly, there is also a bong (I assume seat belt) that sounds when getting out, and I’ve no idea why, as it seems unnecessary.
N Line S in Polar White - Hybrid 230ps

XADE
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by XADE » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:33 pm

richarde wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm
As far as I know, until the drivers seat belt is engaged, the bong sounds. I not found a setting that turns this off.

Weirdly, there is also a bong (I assume seat belt) that sounds when getting out, and I’ve no idea why, as it seems unnecessary.
I've not had that one.. but I do get 'check rear seats' ever y time, can this be turned off? Why on earth this is standard is beyond me.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

richarde
Posts: 147
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:37 am

Post by richarde » Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:46 pm

XADE wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:33 pm
richarde wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm
As far as I know, until the drivers seat belt is engaged, the bong sounds. I not found a setting that turns this off.

Weirdly, there is also a bong (I assume seat belt) that sounds when getting out, and I’ve no idea why, as it seems unnecessary.
I've not had that one.. but I do get 'check rear seats' ever y time, can this be turned off? Why on earth this is standard is beyond me.
Yes. Vehicle Settings > Convenience > Rear Occupant Alert [Bluelink & Car]
N Line S in Polar White - Hybrid 230ps

XADE
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by XADE » Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:27 pm

richarde wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:46 pm
XADE wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:33 pm
richarde wrote:
Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm
As far as I know, until the drivers seat belt is engaged, the bong sounds. I not found a setting that turns this off.

Weirdly, there is also a bong (I assume seat belt) that sounds when getting out, and I’ve no idea why, as it seems unnecessary.
I've not had that one.. but I do get 'check rear seats' ever y time, can this be turned off? Why on earth this is standard is beyond me.
Yes. Vehicle Settings > Convenience > Rear Occupant Alert [Bluelink & Car]
Thanks so much! I haven't had a proper chance to navigate all the menus, or read the manual!
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

mork23
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2022 8:27 am

Post by mork23 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:03 am

Thanks all for your input on this. Some sounds will have to be lived with but I'm enjoying the car so these really are trivial.
Ultimate HEV in Dark Teal

old man
Posts: 338
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:34 am
Location: Somerset

Post by old man » Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:35 pm

Why on earth this is standard is beyond me
Do you not have children or a dog ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid

XADE
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:28 pm

Post by XADE » Mon Aug 01, 2022 6:45 pm

old man wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:35 pm
Why on earth this is standard is beyond me
Do you not have children or a dog ?
I have never left a child in the car in 5 years, I don't think I'll ever forget that.

What's the likelihood this serves a purpose for the 99%? Safety gone mad. It's like saying all lampposts should beep I case I walk into them.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post