SMS messages?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

SMS messages..... usually I have my iPhone linked to the Tuc via USB and can therefore send SMS messages via Siri - Press / hold the voice button to activate Siri and then say 'Tell me wife etc......', which works great.
However, if I've got the phone linked via Bluetooth it looks like I need to say 'send a message to..... contacts name', as it does not integrate fully with the Apple contacts to know who my wife is. Then when I say her name it presents me with a list of contacts who it thinks I want to message....... (so far it's not got her name correct once). Then I had to say the 'number of the contact'... I give up at this point.
To me this renders the SMS sending system useless as it takes too much work / time to try using whilst driving.....
So...... does everyone else have the same dire experience, or am I missing various obvious things that will get it working? Just curious to what others find / think ......
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue

XADE

Post by XADE »

I didn't think many people used SMS anymore personally. but I found using Android Auto + WhatsApp a breeze while driving.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
dbrewood

Post by dbrewood »

Well I'd be looking to use iMessage of course on the iPhone, but I don't think it will interface with that without the USB connection. Similarly, you'll be using a USB connection for Android Auto / WhatsApp. I'm wondering what can be achieved via BT only - likely not a lot....
Car: Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid in Dark Knight w Tech Pack
Soon to be a Kona N-Line S Hybrid w Lux pack in Denim Blue
Polar bear

Post by Polar bear »

My iPhone connects via Bluetooth, then if I want to send an Imessage say Hey Siri send message, loud enough that your phone microphone can hear you. Siri will talk through the car speakers and a message can be sent. No need for cable or apple car play.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post