Map and Infotainment Updates

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Abstract_Biscuit

Post by Abstract_Biscuit »

Hi

Just joined today as seeking some (hopefully) UK based help with my Tuscon.

Had a 19 plate (TY18 model?) previously and loved but have a few questions about the all new facelift model which i've owned since Oct 2021 (71 plate) from brand new.

I'm going to restrict myself to one question for now, as i've only searched the forum on one question and i'll check the others before asking more.

So i know how to do the update for Infotainment system and maps (download the update software, select required version and download to USB drive etc)

However, the website i am directed to is https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/Main, which from other posts here is correct.

The details shown on my infotainment centre are

Platform
Standard-class Gen5W Navigation

Model
NX4eAS.S5BLC.AEU

Software
NX4e.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.210817

Firmware
NX4e.EUR.02.210819.MICOM

When i check the list of vehciles (https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/update ... w/623/pop2) or start entering the above info into the updater, it doesn't find and exact match.

The website states the Software Version on the server is NX4e.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220623 (with the last six digits being the date of the update backwards)

So the software versions seem to be ok.

But the closest model number listed is NX4AS.S5BLC.AEU - without the e in the middle of NX4eAS

Hyundai customer service have said in the UK you have to get the dealer to update it £££ ?? and are now ignoring my question of why this is different for every other market.

Looking on here i assume that other UK drivers have updated their infotainment systems ok. Is that right?
Tuscon (2022 model) 1.6 TGDi 150ps 6MT in Amazon Grey

Previous
Tuscon (2019 model) 1.6 GDi 6MT in Black

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

You would be correct. Quite a few members have updated. I've updated to the June update and so far, fingers crossed, its been fine, I don't appear to get the resets that quite of number of people have reported, but whether that is directly related to the update I don't know, but as its control software who knows. For information, when you take it to Hyundai for service they 'should' update firmware/mapping to the latest version as part of that service.
Abstract_Biscuit

Post by Abstract_Biscuit »

Ah that’s great. I might do this soon then.
Many thanks.
Tuscon (2022 model) 1.6 TGDi 150ps 6MT in Amazon Grey

Previous
Tuscon (2019 model) 1.6 GDi 6MT in Black
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I've upgraded to the June23 version. I still get the resets, but only when the car has been standing around for a while and I've left it unlocked (maybe used the boot a few times) etc.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post