Road speed sign alerts

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Skeeling

Post by Skeeling »

Hi just picked up my Tucson ultimate hybrid yesterday and I can’t find how to get alerts of road speed signs. The road sign on dashboard goes red when I go over speed limit but no beeps etc. does anyone know how I can turn noise alerts on, otherwise I can see a speed awareness course being attended by me in the near future!😂Thanks
Last edited by Skeeling on Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

The Tucson doesn’t support audible speed limit alerts. That feature seems to only be available on 23 model year IONIQ cars.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

If navigation is being used, you get alerts if you go over a speed limit and you are getting close to a speed camera. The speed on the nav unit goes red and you get warning tones

One thing I haven't tried is if you set the speed limiter manually, what happens if you push past that speed limit by pressing the accelerator flat in case you need to get a wriggle on ......
Deleted User 487

IngerzSH wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:26 pm If navigation is being used, you get alerts if you go over a speed limit and you are getting close to a speed camera. The speed on the nav unit goes red and you get warning tones
Good tip. I never use the inbuilt nav.

I watched the Late Brake Show review of the IONIQ6 recently, and the audible alert is present irrespective of nav being on or not. Something about EU legislation…
Deleted User 616

richarde wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:31 pm
IngerzSH wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:26 pm If navigation is being used, you get alerts if you go over a speed limit and you are getting close to a speed camera. The speed on the nav unit goes red and you get warning tones
Good tip. I never use the inbuilt nav.

I watched the Late Brake Show review of the IONIQ6 recently, and the audible alert is present irrespective of nav being on or not. Something about EU legislation…
Hopefully an update or the facelift will make some of this stuff consistent across the Hyundai range.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

My speed camera alerts work regardless of the navigation being used or not. Eg. If not using navigation and also not having map on screen but music, the speed alert bonging still sounds off.

Can set this on Bluelink.

Bluelink/More/User Profile/ Vehicle Settings/Navigation Settings/Alerts/Camera Alert

There are various settings within this you can set to suit.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Deleted User 487

I think the OP is asking about speed limit alerts and not camera alerts.

I ended up turning off camera alerts, as it was bonging more than it wasn’t!
Deleted User 616

Southern Lad wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:50 am My speed camera alerts work regardless of the navigation being used or not. Eg. If not using navigation and also not having map on screen but music, the speed alert bonging still sounds off.

Can set this on Bluelink.

Bluelink/More/User Profile/ Vehicle Settings/Navigation Settings/Alerts/Camera Alert

There are various settings within this you can set to suit.
Indeed SL. As you say, when enabled you get the location warnings regardless of navigation use. My post was in reference to an overspeed warning when you approach the camera rather than a location warning. Are you saying youre getting an overspeed warning without nav use as if that's true, I need to get mine checked?
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Ah sorry ingerz misread your post. No nothing on mine warns me of over speed prior to the camera. The only way I know if I'm over speed is the bonking stays on until I drop speed to the correct level or I notice the red ring around speed on display. Followed by a different bong after the camera. 👍
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Skeeling

Post by Skeeling »

So how can I get the bonging noise when I go over the speed limit. I get the sign turning red on dashboard but would love a bonging noise to remind me to slow down. Thanks

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post