Potential issues with Tucson 2023

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Katnic1949

Post by Katnic1949 »

I have a 2023 hybrid tucson ultimate which comes with a lot of toys and features. One being a loud bleep when im approaching a speed camera. Looking in the settings there is a facility to adjust the volume or turn it off. However selecting a different volume or select to turn it off makes no difference.

Robbit

Post by Robbit »

Water around the door shuts is normal for Hyundai. On the i10 water goes through the door itself and out through drain holes at the bottom (missing the electric window mech) then sits in the door shuts. The Tucson diverts water around the door shuts which drains out the bottom. Both are very effective at clearing water. The disadvantage is the amount of dirt it leaves behind, so when washing the car the door shuts always need doing.

What I don't like are the rubbers on the rear passenger doors. Mine are coated in gunk due to driving through mud soaked puddles. I'll put a picture up one day, it's disgusting what lurks in there !

Lights I cannot comment on as mine are not LED (base model) and they're terrible. I believe the LED offerings are Marmite: some rate them, others say they're not up to scratch on rural unlit roads.

Lastly, the famous Hyundai Customer Service: It has always been poor. I've had new Hyundai's since 2008, some with very serious issues. Their CS team have always been useless. FInd a good dealer, even if it means having to travel.
Gibson

Post by Gibson »

Dont worry about the car. Drive it, enjoy it. Its guaranteed. Stop reading forums :)

I have found my late 23 hybrid to be full of pleasant surprises. Its speedy when needed, it can be very frugal indeed, and is hugely practical.
NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

Wholeheartedly agree! I change my car every 3-4 years through work so I’ve been through a few and I have to say I find this to be one of the most impressive I’ve come across. Sure some will go wrong but these cars score highly in formal reliability tables so they can’t be the death traps sone on here make them out to be. Most owners will be perfectly happy and won’t see the need to join a forum. Those with issues tend to gravitate together in forums such as this, giving the impression every Tucson out there is about to break down or fall apart. Some issues I’ve heard discussed are just par for the course on modern cars and hybrids. Blame net zero and enjoy your car. The next one you buy will probably be 100% electric and drive itself and you’ll be the last generation to remember manual gearsticks and mpg figures…..
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

I've really had nothing of any significance go wrong with my car. It's a great car and I have no issue recommending it. Yes, as with most, if not all cars, there are things that I would prefer to be different but they are not a deal breaker. I haven't had any issues with my dealer, always been curtious and servicing/warranty work carried out to my expectation. Bluelink team have always been pretty quick to respond to queries. I've not felt/or needed to contact Hyundai directly.

I mainly come onto this forum to see if I'm 'missing anything' or someone has done a worthwhile sensible modification. Not really interested in the naysayers thoughts as I doubt that some even have a Tucson.

I have to say that as the model is 3+ years old and due a facelift, any info that is 'new to me' is dwindling a bit now. Will a new forum be started for the facelift?
ifcuk

Post by ifcuk »

Rear passenger window opening by itself? My 230 ultimate hybrid has seemingly opened its nearside rear window when or after I have left the car. I guess it could be me inadvertently brushing the switch on exit, but I didn't think I had. Twice it was by about 5cm; today ( when raining heavily, of course), it was by about 15cm. Car or me?
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I haven't seen this on either of our Tucsons (2022 & 2023). But normally the switch operates all 4 windows, so you may have an issue with one of the motors.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post