All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

old man wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:22 pm
richarde wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:45 pm
old man wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:43 pm

What does that mean exactly ?
I only use CarPlay

That doesn't mean that the built in sat nav is no good, it just means it's not your preference.
I've used the built in two years running in France and it's done a very good job.
I never passed comment about the in built nav, and you are right it’s not my preference.

Davy51

Post by Davy51 »

WOW I think you need to rebrand your name to grumpy old man reading your replies he only stated he never used the in built nav and you went off on one 🤣🤣 thanks for the uptake Richarde on the update 👍
XADE

Post by XADE »

I can see why "..and don’t use the built in nav!" instead of "..and I don't use the built in nav." could cause a little confusion here. :lol:

Anyway, the US folks got this update last month and to be honest I don't think there's much to it, will skip it this time. I would perhaps read their experiences (beta testers for us!) before you do: https://www.tucson-forum.com/threads/ne ... able.1884/
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

richarde wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:11 pm Don’t rush to install… I’m not seeing anything new, and I don’t use the built in nav!
Reply updated to add clarity…
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I applied it just because I like to keep the nav as up-to-date as possible plus I'm sure there are other non documented fixes being applied. As others though, can't see any obvious changes that are of real interest so applying it is indeed a personal choice.

Can anyone clarify for me:
I'm sure last time I updated I just clicked start when prompted, the disk was verified and it then said I could turn the car off which I did and the update ran through. I've convinced myself that I did not choose the update when car is turned off option (or similar wording)

However, this time I clicked start and it told me to keep the car running for a smooth update which I had no way of stopping so had to leave the car effectively started.

Am I completely losing it, or have they made the 'update when car off' effectively mandatory if you wanna start the update,lock the car and leave it to its own devices OR has it always been that way?
old man

Post by old man »

Davy51 wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:19 pm WOW I think you need to rebrand your name to grumpy old man reading your replies he only stated he never used the in built nav and you went off on one 🤣🤣 thanks for the uptake Richarde on the update 👍
If you read the thread properly, you'll see that I did thank Richard for his heads up.
He later made a comment which read "don't use the sat nav" which he has now amended to read "I don't use the sat Nav", so it was his first comment that I queried and he replied to that.
As for your rude and over familiar comment about me being grumpy, I'd suggest you wind your neck in and learn some manners before commenting on something you obviously haven't understood and you also need to bear in mind that the written word does not always properly convey the intended meaning.
And now you can call me grumpy because you made me so. :x
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
old man

Post by old man »

Am I completely losing it, or have they made the 'update when car off' effectively mandatory if you wanna start the update
I haven't done the update yet, not sure I will either, but it's looking like you might be right as on previous occasions I switched the car off and left it to its own devices, which worked fine.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
mah006

Post by mah006 »

I just inserted the update & it give me the option of an update after turning vehicle off which it is completing as we speak
Last edited by mah006 on Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N Line S HEV Shadow Grey
Davy51

Post by Davy51 »

It was obvious wot he meant cos he missed out I Wow 🤣. And wind ya neck in that a classic one 🤣🤣 and not being rude just noticed you seem to have a dig at people on ere like Philhornby the techo man who is very informative everyone is just trying to help so grumpy old man chill out 😎 have a nice day 🤪
italianjob1970

Post by italianjob1970 »

If it's only nav updates then I'll give it a miss as I only ever use wireless Android Auto for nav/music.

If anyone actually finds any useful updates to the infotainment functionality then please let me know!!
23 Tucson 230 HEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post