Tucson 1.6se connect

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
sopwith

Post by sopwith »

Ordered on motability aug 23 told id have it by nov 23 car ordered by dealer apparently march 23 now I’m told there is no signs of car either in manufacture or for delivery. Any suggestions as to reason why this is happening apart from dealers explanations.
Thanks all

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Welcome to the forum, ‘sopwith’.

I’m sorry to hear about the delayed delivery date but I’ll take a guess and suggest it’s to do with Hyundai preparing the assembly line for the 2024 model and running down the production of the current model. That doesn’t really make any sense to me, especially.......and I’ll take a guess and say that the modified Tucson will have an increased price tag compared to the 2023 model. That’s a sure way to p-off some valuable potential customers, should that be the case.

In the event that Hyundai fail to provide you with the car you have on order and offer you the restyled model but at extra cost, I think I would walk away and look elsewhere. There is plenty of choice out there, much of it still sub-£40K.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

August order with a November delivery sounds optimistic. Perhaps just securing your order with unachievable promises? March 24 sounds more realistic in my experience but then lead times seem to be a bit hit and miss at present likely due to the facelift issues…..🤷🏻‍♂️
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal
chrisdobb

Post by chrisdobb »

It's very easy for the saesman to give an optimistic delivery date, to secure your order, it only means one phone call later on to give you a more realistic date.
For them it's all about getting you out of the market, however with mobility you always have the option to cancel and deal with a more honest saleman, if you can find one.
Good luck with hat.
sopwith

Post by sopwith »

The only problem I have they claim to have ordered my car back in march from Hyundai they claim no signs either in manufacture or delivery ie. It’s disappeared .
When it does eventually turn up I’ve asked them will it be the facelift model answer don’t know .
The latest is it may arrive over holiday period they have been told by myself that if they register the car in dec 23 and don’t deliver till jan 24 I won’t accept car. Am I being unreasonable .
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

sopwith wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:24 am Am I being unreasonable .
No.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Beards

Post by Beards »

sopwith wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:24 am The only problem I have they claim to have ordered my car back in march from Hyundai they claim no signs either in manufacture or delivery ie. It’s disappeared .
When it does eventually turn up I’ve asked them will it be the facelift model answer don’t know .
The latest is it may arrive over holiday period they have been told by myself that if they register the car in dec 23 and don’t deliver till jan 24 I won’t accept car. Am I being unreasonable .
Motability will not register the car until you accept the car. In other words Motability do not own the vehicle until you say you are happy.
My wife’s Hyundai is on Motability…. Her first Hyundai which was ordered 2022 was delivered March 2023. However, we were not happy with the vehicle and as such Motability did not take ownership. We then ordered a second car (replacement back in March this year and the latest is the car will be at the dealers early January 2024.
As such you can see……. There can be a long wait even under Motability (we are an example of that) but ultimately it is you who say Yes or No to Motability owning the vehicle.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
sopwith

Post by sopwith »

Update got email from dealer showing that my car was to be delivered to the on 1/12 ecm delivery date shows above bad weather aside will the cars vin number be on the delivered very note.im getting very sceptical in my old agr

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post